All reviews nice area of paris marcel sembat star hotel stade station tennis taxi metro
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This hotel is in a great location, a very short walk from Marcel Sembat Station on line 9, you can also get to the hotel fairly easily from Boulogne - Jean Jaurès on line 10.
From the hotel many of Paris' most famous attractions are easily accessible so the area is good for tourists (and shoppers).
The hotel itself is quite quaint, there is an area as you enter that is used as a dining area for breakfast/lunch etc, this also doubles as a bit of a storage area for bags of people checking out or checking in. Beyond this is the outside/smoking area. This is nice for chilling with a tea/coffee or a bottle of beer in the early evening.

The rooms are quite compact but we found them very clean and comfortable, it's not like I'd want to travel to Paris and spend my time in the hotel room so the size didn't bother me. The size of the lift on the other hand was a slight gripe but there's stairs for when there was more than 1 other person wanting to use it!!
The staff were wonderful, very helpful in advising where we could visit, what we could see around Boulogne and in Paris. They were incredibly friendly and they had a lovely Dog there too.

I see from some reviews that some people complain that the cost of the hotel was too expensive for what it is. I would in fact agree had I paid the reported 150 Euros that they had done but I paid under half that figure (At a busy time of year) and thought it was very well priced. But as with anything, if demand outsrips supply for rooms in the city then prices will rise, you can't fight capitalism (Well, you can, but you know, let's not go there again)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
villasorel, Responsable réception at Hotel Villa Sorel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing Villa Sorel and to leave us a comment.
We are really pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay among us.
This is true Villa Sorel is well placed with closeby underground for a quick access to Paris.
It will be with pleasure that we will welcome you next time!
Kind regards,
Claire
Front Desk

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I will write my review based on what I think it's the basic things I hope to find in an Hotel, so will try to make it very easy and simple to read.

Location: good location in a very pretty area of Paris, 5 mins walk to the underground station and 6 stops from Trocadero, where you take the best photos from the Eiffel Tower. Plenty of shops and places to eat around the hotel.

Check in: very quick and simple. The reception lady was very friendly and was happy to speak English - not easy to find in most Paris Hotels.

Room: very basic and not exactly like the photos from the Hotel website. Well, I'm sure the room from the photos exists but I wasn't in it. The beds are small for a single bed and not very comfortable. Bathroom is very, very small but has the basic. We had bad luck because when we were there the hotel antenna wasn't working, so no TV.

Overall: it's a ok hotel but not worth 150€ a night.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
villasorel, Responsable réception at Hotel Villa Sorel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your comment.
Firstly it is true that our hotel have got a great location near Marcel Sembat Metro station, close to Paris and we try to make you feel at home.
Concerning the space of the room this is the 2 star hotel standard in France. We are sorry that you were not happy about it.
The TV issue is really rare and now solved.
Finally concerning the price of the room it depends when you came in our hotel but this rate is the more expensive rate in the year. It was probably during Roland Garros matches or some music event. We are sorry about the inconvenients and hope to see you another time.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Claire
Front desk

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This is a hotel in a quiet street in Boulogne. You do not hear to much traffic, which is nice. Rooms are ok, nothing special. Breakfast is ok, however really simple.
Bathroom is outdated, you need to take a shower in the bathtub...
If you need to stay in Boulogne for not that long period of time you can stay here.
Personnel is really friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We stayed here to be close to Longchamp for the racing, we could easily walk to the course or catch a bus. It was easy to get to from Orly airport and close to the metro. It seemed to be a nice area of Paris and was calm and quiet. There were good restaurants close by. The staff were very friendly helpful and communicative. Our room was compact, clean and comfortable on the fifth floor we would ride up in the slow small lift and walk down. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

The first thing a guest would expect from a hotel will be service which I feel these people totally lack. They do not know how to treat their guest. At the time of booking the check out time was 12:00 noon and we checked the reception the lady mentioned it is ok to check out at 1:00pm. We went out and check back at 11:30 and shockingly we see our luggages in the lift. This is something I don't think anyone would accept. I have no clue who gave them the authority to take all our stuff and put them in the suitcase?
The rooms are really really small even for 2 people. It is not worth even for 1 night stay. Please avoid this hotel if you have a chance.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple