“Return Visit”

Ranked #9 of 166 Restaurants in Macon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This was our favourite restaurant in Mâcon when we were there two years ago, so when staying for just one night on this trip, we had no hesitation in returning. It is clean, bright, modern and comfortable, with good staff and an interesting menu. I particularly enjoyed the vegetarian risotto.

Not too expensive and nicely located near the river.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Arriving on a Sunday in Macon, we were looking for a simple but good place to eat after the journey. We chose ACDH as it seemed quite popular. I must admit I didn't check TripAdvisor before coming in. Everything started well, until the waiter struggled opening our bottle of wine and complained that he didn't have the time to spend doing so. Ok...... no comment.
They then brought our food which, overall, was good. My wife had the Italian salad which she enjoyed, and I had the Caesar salad, which was ok, despite having no anchovies in the sauce. Still, it was a fresh and copious salad.
Then, we tasted the wine... which, unfortunately, aged badly (which happens from time to time, i am not disputing this).
We mentioned the fact to the waiter who said was in no position to confirm if the wine was good or not. He chose to ask the wine waiter, who decided that the wine was perfectly fine.
Thinking that the wine might benefit from a bit of fresh air, we didn't dispute the fact a lot more at the time.
However, the wine didn't get better. If anything, it got worst. We decided after a while to re discuss the wine with the wine waiter.... who admitted that the wine was off. We were finishing to eat the cheese at that point.
He offered us 2 free glasses of a different wine to apologize and removed the aperitifs from the bill.
So, all in all, nothing too bad, I guess. But it would have been nice to either replace the bottle when we mentioned that the wine was off or to remove the price of the bottle from the bill. We ended up drinking a bad wine for the most part of our meal. For this reason, I will not go back to this place and cannot recommend it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The servers were laughing at the guests in their back! we had the feeling of a big malicious against us and the other guests. we was treated and looked at us like we was stupid. the food was cold and in a bad quality.
My recommand: take a small restaurant on the other side of the river!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive after reading the reviews but decided to give it a go. The restaurant was recommended to us by the staff in the best western hotel.

I opted for the daily lunch special €16 3 courses with coffee and my partner ordered from the ala carte menu. Both were very good and the waiting staff despite speaking very little English were very helpful.

Adequate wine list and there are good choices of wine by the glasses as well.

There are pictures of my lunch

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I was back in Macon and I was really looking forward to eating here but I was extremely disappointed!!! The service was terrible and the servers were extremely rude. I asked for some extra butter for my bread and I was treated and looked at like I was a criminal. The food was bland and cold when it got to my table. I asked for my food to be warmed up and I was told that it was perfectly hot, it took almost a fight for them to take it back and bring it back hot. It came back hot but you could tell that the food was put in a microwave!!! This is supposed to be fine dining in France? I would never recommend this place to anyone and I would never ever come back! Never!