“A good place for late lunch in Macon”

Au Comptoir des Halles
Ranked #15 of 179 Restaurants in Macon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive after reading the reviews but decided to give it a go. The restaurant was recommended to us by the staff in the best western hotel.

I opted for the daily lunch special €16 3 courses with coffee and my partner ordered from the ala carte menu. Both were very good and the waiting staff despite speaking very little English were very helpful.

Adequate wine list and there are good choices of wine by the glasses as well.

There are pictures of my lunch

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I was back in Macon and I was really looking forward to eating here but I was extremely disappointed!!! The service was terrible and the servers were extremely rude. I asked for some extra butter for my bread and I was treated and looked at like I was a criminal. The food was bland and cold when it got to my table. I asked for my food to be warmed up and I was told that it was perfectly hot, it took almost a fight for them to take it back and bring it back hot. It came back hot but you could tell that the food was put in a microwave!!! This is supposed to be fine dining in France? I would never recommend this place to anyone and I would never ever come back! Never!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

The place is nice, modern and the staff is very friendly. Menus are served around 35€ without drinks. Very good quality food. In summer you can enjoy the terrace and watch the boats on the Saone river on the other side of the street.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We were traveling down and choosed this place for the look --- modern with a lot of light and many people; Always a good sign.
We were welcomed warmly, had a good meal and appreciated the opportunity to have a wide selection of QUALITY WINE by the glass
a good experience

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

We were surprised by this place, fast and nice staff, good food and wine.
A perfect pick for a nice dinner if you like meat.