“Just as good the second time around ”

Brasserie Le Cafe Francais
Ranked #13 of 171 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the setting and atmosphere of a traditional brasserie in which to enjoy a luxurious kitchen and diverse. The French Cafe serves only dishes prepared on site with fresh & seasonal ingredients . Inside, the atmosphere familiar to the brewery . On the terrace , the pleasant environment of the banks of the Saone. The atmosphere is unique. From 7am to 23h , Monday to Sunday excepted wednesday, Le Cafe Francais welcomes you
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely characteristic French Cafe on the river, paneled walls, traditional bar. Unfortunately was a little too cold to sit outside.
Friendly service, english spoken, very good food and a 30's - 40's ambiance conjured up by the hot club du Paris background music. Recommended if you are looking for a couple of hours of 'authentic' France.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I am a classically trained French Chef and my first time in a smaller city after visiting Paris. This place blew away any restaurant I visited in Paris and anywhere else in France that I ate for 3 weeks prior to coming to Macon. The food was to die for and the service was second to none! I recommend this place to anyone! Great price, great food and such a friendly atmosphere while maintaining the ambience and the true feel of an authentic French restaurant! Bravo!!!
I want to return the France just to visit this place again.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Excellent food, excellent service, very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We had dinner at this restaurant along the waterfront in Macon in April, 2017. We were the first customers of the evening and received attentive, courteous service from the start. The food was very good and our waiter made excellent wine suggestions. We would recommend the restaurant to anyone in Macon.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

This is absolutely the worst dinner I ever had. At least the people were friendly but that is about it. I drove 900 km from Amsterdam to Macon on my way to a meeting and arriving in Macon I thought the best thing to do was to eat steak and fries in a sort of traditional bistro. So selected Le Cafe Francais. An old establishment (1884) serving traditional French food. So I ordered a starter of escargot and a steak and fries for main course. I also ordered a glass of wine and some water. So wine came but no water. Then food came and to my surprise it was the main course and on my request about my starter the waiter told me he had completely forgotten. He also asked me if I would like some water and I said yes. As you can imagine the water did not came. Anyway I asked for the escargots to be served after my main mail ( I had set my mind on them by now) and started to eat. To be honest the steak was very tasty but a bit overcooked to my liking for medium rare, but I could have lived with that. The fries however were a mess of sloppy potato things completely soaked in oil an uneatable. So major disappointment. After I had done with the steak I waited for a really long time and finally asked for the bill. The waiter completely surprised as he thought I was waiting for the escargots, which I was, but it just took an awful amount of time. So finally they were served, I ordered another glass of wine and to my surprise I also finally got some water. The snails were not really special but ok, So to finish off I ordered a millefeuille which was at least two days old. Anyway big disappointment and I would NEVER suggest to anyone to go and have dinner here.