All reviewsmodern hotellarge car parkeggs and bacontown centreswimming poolfruit saladcomfortable bedthe air conditioningsecure parkingfrancestopdogmotorway
Reviewed 11 January 2018

A 1-night business trip. Paid for by the business. Little attentive service from bar staff; arguments amongst the staff (not good in front of customers!) Room awful decor; poor decoration but decent wifi. Bathroom small and pokey. Breakfast OK. Evening meal was served with threats of a closing kitchen (come on people, customer is king, or maybe you haven't learned that). This is a dreadful chain hotel and best avoided. Good somewhere with real, friendly people, not functionaries who couldn't care less about their attitude and service. It I was Mercure, I would close this dump.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank jeffbanksUk
Adrien B, Responsable réception at Mercure Macon Bord de Saone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear jeffbanksUk,

My sincerest apologies that your recent stay with us was not what you expected and you experienced numerous issues throughout your stay. I apologise but unfortunately your feedback was not passed on to me, however I would love the opportunity to discuss your recent experience with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel on +33 (0)385 21 93 93.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We stayed in a family room on a stop over trip, the room was immaculate and the staff really friendly and helpful - breakfast was perfect and lots to choose from, couldn't fault it, we had a late supper and although the menu choice was fairly limited it did us well and was good quality, all in all it was a great stop over for us.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Just18,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on 31st Dec and staff who greeted us was really freind and polite. She offered us an upgrade at no extra cost. We checked out on 1st Jan and again met another very friendly staff. Nice location and only 20 mins walk away from the centre

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear garima y,

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The Mercury brand is something that you would generally rely on in providing a good standard of service and facilities. However on this occasion the service did not live up to my experience of the Mercury brand.
On arrival reception processed us promptly, however did not enquire if we required dinner reservations which could have resulted in problems later in the evening. We were given room 113 (twin I didn’t recall requesting a twin) which had a lovely view across the river, however both Window locks were broken which could have been a security problem with access across the flat roof, of additional security concern for women on their own. Tea and water for one person rather than two. Following a request we Moved room 114 same limited tea water, small room, bathroom shaving mirror loose damaged hinge ment couldn’t position. The shower gel holder was broken and fell off.

On the plus side the staff in the restaurant were extremely helpful and pleasant and the dinner and breakfast were both to a good standard.

Won’t be staying here again on the way to the Alps, plenty of other alternatives

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander B

Dear Alexander B,

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The reception areas are rather down at heel. The room was ok but bathroom filthy. Hairs all over the sink. No teas in the room.
A cleaner burst in, lucky I was dressed and then moaned about the fact we had been let in. I asked for teas and was told to tell reception.
The breakfast was ok but felt crowded. Outside there’s a park and the amazing river.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends