All reviews seafood street side buffet breakfast easy access quiet night enjoyed our stay ham excellent location good size free parking port balcony france views bay truth cheese
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I really want to like hotels like this. But in this case it's hard. The room was clean, so that was good, and it looked like it had been updated fairly recently. At best, call it cozy. But the promised windows over the water were very small, the room was under the eaves so I had to duck my head all the time, and the wifi, which was supposed to be secure, was decidedly not (and unstable to boot) despite the receptionist's protestations. I would be less annoyed if the promotion for the room (and the wifi) told the truth. In fairness, our friends' room, one floor down, was much nicer, and the same price.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view, but be clear you do not want to be on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We booked the hotel because it looked great online with good views of the bay. We arrived to be greeted by an indifferent staff person who told us our room number and moved on to other chores. The room has just enough space to open the door before hitting the bed. The bathroom smelled of urine, there were plastic cups in the bathroom and a plastic soap dispenser over the sink and in the shower (empty) like in a public restroom. This is not a 3 star hotel by any stretch. There is no coffee in the room. I would never recommend this place. We came from a 3 star hotel in Mont Saint Malo that was much better on all levels of service and room disposition.

Room Tip: The third floor is cramped, dormer style rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We have eaten in the restaurant here several times and always had a lovely experience. There was no difference on this occasion and we enjoyed a lovely meal. They acknowledged our anniversary with a lovely plate decorated with tiny cakes, chocolate and fruit purée. The bedroom was spacious with lots of hanging room and had lovely white bed linen and towels. We had a really quiet night and it was lovely to wake and sea the sunrise over the sea. Breakfast was very good and included a full continental as well as ham, cheese, eggs etc. Will definitely do this again.

Room Tip: Room 14 was lovely, it had lovely sea view with small terrace where you can sit out
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I arrived late on a wet windy December night having been delayed 10 hours by bad weather for the St Malo ferry and taken hire of an unfamiliar RHD car. The port was quiet but La Mere Champlain was lit up. There were the last of the diners having coffee and liqueurs. I had warned reception that I was arriving late. Checking in was easy and the glass of red wine I had in the bar so welcome after a long alcohol free day. Bedroom on second floor with 2 windows: one onto the port and the other on the coast and above the roundabout. Clean and functional with shower room. I had a quiet night but it might have been noisy had it been the summer with windows open. Ideal for me. Beautiful quiet dawn across the port and very good buffet breakfast. Very good value and welcoming. Would go again. Bit of steep climb to town, but I was there for the port, the view and seafood. Great!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Historian1066
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The room was tiny and actually overlooked the roof of the kitchen. It was very hot and if we opened the window the smell from the fans was awful. Would never stay here or recommend to anyone. Over priced and very disappointing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family