“Very enjoyable ”

Price range: US$12 - US$29
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

They have a good menu - mussels and frites with 2 scoops of ice cream for 12,90. I left VERY full. Plus free WiFi, non stop service, and they spoke English so they could rescue me when my French became incomprehensible.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We booked this place on a Thursday evening purely because I wanted fruit de mer and my husband wanted a crepe..in Cancale its mostly one or the other when it comes to restaurants so decided this place was perfect.

Well priced fruit de mer, everything on the plate was super fresh and the bulots (whelks) truly are the best I've ever tasted. Crab wasn't great, little meat but that's my only complaint.

Despite wanting a crepe, the moules looked so good my husband ordered a bowl and he wasn't disappointed. Paired with some frites included in the reasonable price for such a large portion of moules. He had a crepe with butter and sugar for dessert and said it was delicious.

All washed down by an affordable bottle of Muscadet.

Don't agree with the below comments on the service, the owner was lovely and very accommodating. Wasn't overbearing, despite us eating late and the restaurant being more or less empty at the end of the evening we didn't feel rushed at all and had time for a Calvados or two. I often think that if more lazy English people bothered trying to speak the language of the country they're visiting then the service might not be as frosty.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We had a wonderful lunch of oysters and mussels in this charming little restaurant. The waiter was very good and helpful. We drove to Cancale after leaving Mont St. Michel and returning to St. Malo, which was a beautiful drive along the coast. Mussels, oysters, and cider and local fare, and we would highly recommend this restaurant if you're in Cancale.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

One of many restaurant lining the harbour, this place was near enough full when others around it were much quieter.
The food was lovely - moules and smoked salmon - with generous portions at reasonable prices.
The service was OK, but there was only one person waiting on and as it got busy he got more rushed and a bit perfunctory. He could have done with some help, but it didn't stop us enjoying our lunch.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Great fresh seafood with lots of non seafood options as well. Very friendly and helpful staff. Note at all expensive, great value for money.