All reviews lobster busy road golf cart beautiful room pool area lovely hotel exceeded our expectations main road great pool beautiful view nice touch lovely staff tapas breakfast was delicious le deck terra cotta euros per person
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The Miramar is a great example of a well-run boutique hotel and the best of the hotels we stayed in during our week long tour of Corsica. The staff were excellent throughout the hotel, friendly and efficient. The rooms are beautifully clean and serviced twice per day. The pool area is a lovely relaxing space with a well served bar.

The major disappointment is the restaurant. We arrived for lunch too late one day and were limited to ordering from the room service menu. Not an issue in itself but the chicken club sandwich that arrived was bland and the fois gras club sandwich was a basic breville style toasty. When we asked for more fries we were told the kitchen was now closed. Dinner the next day was no better. The carpaccio tomato entree was ok but not special. However, the magret de canard was decimated over a flame, and tasted of chemicals on the outside and uncooked on the inside. Massively disappointing and unworthy of such a great hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stella L, Guest Relations Manager at Miramar Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Sir,
We are very grateful for your kind comment and delighted that you enjoyed our property, bedrooms, our staff and our pool lounge area!
We are so sorry that you did not have a so great experience at our restaurant... We wish we had known so that our chef would have came to discuss and maybe cook something else more to your taste. We just want emphasize that there is nothing chemical in our duck magret and that all of our products are the best available quality on the market.
Looking forward to welcoming you again to the hotel,
Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I came with my mom and we booked for 6 nights.
I wanted to leave earlier because the hotel is not what is shown on the pictures. The view is on a freeway. The beach is very small and public with no installation . My mum who is handicapped could not enjoy the beach because of the fact that there is no chair on the beach. I received an email from hotels.com asking how I found the hotel so I explained how disappointed I was. Then the owner cornered me in the corridor being very threatening! She said I had no taste, that her hotel is the best we can found and then she made fun of my shorts. Finally she turned to me and called me a faggot. My legs were shaking ... I am under shock .... I will make an official complaint for this verbal agression and insult . Run away from this crook and insulting hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My wife and I stayed four nights for our 25yr wedding anniversary. We had a gorgeous room with balconny overlooking an amazing beach which is just a 5min walk - or you can take a lift in a buggy. All the rooms are tastefully decorated with an individual feel.

From the minute we checked in we were made to feel very welcome and the service was second to none. As others have said the pool area is very relaxing as is the lower area with two Jacuzzi/Spa tubs. Overall the hotel is very pleasantly furbished and the L'Occitane bathroom products are a good add.

I agree the wifi wasn't brilliant although perfectly good enough to check mail/FB but I wasn't here to stream movies so didn't really care. Breakfast was lovely, perhaps a little pricey, but a great selection with the best fresh orange juice I've ever had in a hotel. We had dinner and lunch a couple of times and the food was excellent. I think it is a pity there is a limited choice at dinner - there were more options at lunch. But it was good quality and well presented and the Chef uses a wonderful "real" fire - no gas - to cook your beef or seafood.

We enjoyed talking to Anthony (Manager) who was charming and a great host. He recommnded a lovely beach and restaurant to us for a day trip. Thanks again. Finally, a big thank you to all the other staff - a wonderful team. A fantastic experience and hope to return for another marriage milestone!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackandJacqui
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for three days early August at this beautiful, small hotel. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. The road beneath is busy but the amazing views more than made up for it. The pool and other areas are peaceful and relaxing. There are many places to eat in the town which is a ten to fifteen minutes walk. The beach is just across the road and the hotel provides a golf buggy service for those who find the walk a little steep (thank you to Leo, who also gave us an informative tour when we arrived). We would highly recommend this hotel and this wonderful area of Corsica.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie A
Stella L, Guest Relations Manager at Miramar Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Marie,
Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely review with us. We are delighted to hear that you received excellent service and enjoyed the property, the views as well as our wonderful region:) I will be sure to share your compliments with the team and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We stayed a week and had a beautiful room with a balcony. The good points - this is a really beautiful hotel with lovely helpful staff (particularly Leslie at breakfast and Leo on shuttle duty). It has fantastic views over the bay and a lovely pool.
We felt that the restaurant pricing was particularly aggressive. More expensive than any restaurant in town including the excellent Chez Parenti and even better Terra Cotta which was just superb. We had thought that breakfast was included in the price and at 25 Euros per person that's a pretty pricey breakfast when its not included. The bigger downside is the road which sits below the hotel - invisible from the restaurant but very visible from the balcony from the room. This did not spoil the view of the bay but it is very audible until you shut the windows. The beach below which is 7 mins walk or 3 in the shuttle is fabulous.
This is a really nice hotel but they need to look at their restaurant pricing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Stella L, Guest Relations Manager at Miramar Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Client,
Let us first thank you for your kind review and your many compliments on our property.
We are sorry you feel that the pricing of the restaurant was slightly high. The average ticket is at 53 euros per person, with the first dish starting at 21 euros, which is really on the low side for a 5 star hotel, in a beautiful setting overlooking the sea, with a very attentive service. Also, if pricing is a subjective matter, food freshness and quality are not. We are proud to serve only fresh fishes, locally grown vegetables and the best quality of meat. Our vendors are all farmers from the region. Our Chef grills the piece of your choice in front of your eyes, which is pretty rare nowadays and therefore very much appreciated by our clients!
As to breakfast, more than 40 delicious products justify the price... A memorable experience!
Hope this helps understanding where we are coming from :)
Looking forward to seeing you again!
Kind regards,