All reviews artisan food robes and slippers superb breakfast a lovely stay joan welbeck accommodation luxury venue
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed with Jean in July we were attending at Lady Margaret Hall and could not have been happier with the experience and (walkable) location to the venue.
Despite a lot of traffic, making us delayed, Jean welcomed us into her gorgeous B&B with a smile and a very warm welcome.
The rooms are beautiful, a well stocked hospitality tray and plenty of towels, toiletries and even robes and slippers for two.
Breakfast was incredible! From locally sourced bacon, sausages and eggs through to the care and attention Jean and her team give to presentation and morning welcome.
The gardens are wonderful, instantly transporting you to another world.
I wish we had stayed another night, and with Jean all the very best in the year ahead. Each award on her dining room room wall was well deserved and we could not have asked for anything more.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Had a lovely three night stay at Brown's. Joan was a warm and welcoming host and I felt like a part of the "Brown's" family immediately upon arrival. Attended a course at the school of artisan food and had the delight of returning each evening to a wonderful little cottage. The breakfast is amazing. I recommend the "Egg's Royale" - picture perfect setting and food. I hope to return with my wife for a weekend respite in the country... you can almost walk for hours without seeing another living soul!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2017

This B&B is amazing is an understatement! The bedrooms are amazingly furnished, breakfast is second to none, its looks like a postcard. everything is in its correct place. I stay here because I attend the "School of Artisan Food" which is a 10-minute walk but Joan take you because she's a lovely host. I think this is the best B&B on this Planet earth. You can see Joan loves this B&B and makes sure here guests enjoy the experience. Book well in advance to avoid disappointment.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 wonderful nights. Fantastic location, perfect for exploring the country side. Lovely room and the hostess, Joan, couldn't have been more welcoming. Went out of her way to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Whatever you do, don't skip the breakfast. Best bacon and eggs I have ever had.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Very warm welcome. Beautiful décor, classy, vintage music and ambience (1940s to 50s?) all carefully chosen to create an air of nostalgia, calm and tranquillity. Especially the Chevrolet memorabilia. All the Visit England and other awards are clearly well-deserved. Now I must step back into 21st century busy-ness …

Date of stay: September 2016