All reviews stylish hotel quality breakfast business trip golf course excellent place to stay kilometers norway stavanger summer
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Probable the best hotel between Kristiansand and Stavanger. Located on a hill above Kvinesdal this hotel offers a spectacular view. Nice rooms, activities for children, and excellent food makes this a great place to stay. In the summer time you are only a short distance from one of region's best golf courses.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view to the south
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Odd A, Daglig leder at The Boelgen & Moi Hotel Utsikten, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi
Thanks for your positive review regarding your stay at our Hotell.
We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again at the Hotell in the future

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on a motorcycle tour and although this hotel looked posh it was brilliant value for Norway. 1150NOK per night £110 ish. Modern and spacious reception, restaurant and rooms. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Even organised for the night shift porter to put some laundry through a wash for me. Very helpful when travelling by motorbike! The night porter refused to take any money for it! Food was brilliant, well presented and fresh. Angus burger and chicken and bacon salad went down a storm. As usual drinks are expensive and £49 for a bottle Chardonnay is nuts! Golf course nearby seems to be a good attraction. Good quality breakfast included with plenty to choose from. Recommended!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kristin G, Leder  at The Boelgen & Moi Hotel Utsikten, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review :-)
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

In reading over the other reviews, I have to agree with the "excellent" category. Reception desk was very helpful, facility beautiful, breakfast opulent, and our view was superb. Easily worth driving 10 kilometers off of E39 to get here. Quiet, relaxed. Did NOT hand out earplugs at the receptionist's desk like the hotel in Flekkefjord is reputed to do! We loved it. We did not use the restaurant other than for breakfast.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the nice review :-) Welcome back

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is a large, comfortable, modern hotel, located 2-3 kms uphill out of town, with fine views to the distant sea.

It is quite functional, and is obviously used by business people and contractors working in the local area. However, it is pleasant and has everything a casual visitor would want if touring in the area.

The breakfast was of a high standard. The staff were friendly. Altogether, I had a good experience (although cycling up the long hill to the hotel from town at the end of a long day in the saddle was quite a challenge !!!)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2017

From the landscape I guess the view from this hotel is magnificent. However - I can only guess, since I had the "fortune" of visiting in the midst of a foggy winter storm.

As a hotel it is ok. However the restaurant was a bit dissapointing, since I got the understanding that the hotel is connected to a well known chef in Norway. I had the fish soup for dinner, and it was average. The menu didn't have many choices, which is fine - but then the courses should be above average. Wine list not so impressive either. Since I have spent many years in small communities, I reckognize that it might be difficult to accommodate "on the right level" for the locals. But I think a hotel and it's restaurant can excel to be a destination in itself. I was sort of expecting that, given the connection to the renowned chef - and thus I left a bit disappointed. But again: for a business trip - and if I had arrived unknowingly of the before mentioned chef connection - I would have been very happy to find a hotel like this in the middle of nowhere :-)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business