All reviews pool bar natai beach garden room low season free shuttle main pool hotel management high prices phuket airport great pool private pool local town thai food resort spa phang nga the general manager dream
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I booked two deluxe rooms in this hotel three months prior to our travel dates. On arrival we got disappointed straight away, although i booked the rooms in the same transaction they checked us in the rooms that were in different parts of the hotel (as far away as possible) plus we have been told that it is our fault that we didn't indicate it in our booking forms. Well it's kind of obvious, don't you think? We have been assured that they will move us closer as soon as they will have room available, which never happened. The room my parents got was nice and spacious, on contrary me and my partner got disappointed again, the room was smaller close to the bar (noisy music till 12am I couldn't go to sleep) and the only Place where you can get wifi was balcony. By the end of our stay the room was getting cleaned after 4pm and every day we were getting less and less complimentary water (started from 6 bottles a day and dropped to 2) when we asked staff for the water they we trying to sell us one for 60baht. The hotel is far away from all the Phuket attractions, so the two ways to get out is taxi which is pricey and shuttle busses, well don't even worry about the shuttle busses - all booked two weeks ahead! The fitness centre available is not too big but has everything you need, however doesn't operate on the working hours indicated, my dad went there at 8pm and it was closed already although it should be open till 10pm. In the morning you need to turn on the equipment yourself. From the 2 restaurants available Leelavadee has better food options. However a bit pricey, most of the time we were catching a taxi to klok kloi seafood restaurant which was cheaper and much tastier. The only thing I enjoyed about this hotel was the beach: clean water, not too many people and some reefs where you could snorkel. However on the last day of our stay my towel magically disappeared from the sunbed I was using and all my stuff including phone was on sand, so much for the private beach. I thought the shut down service was a nice touch, when hotel staff members come in to prep the bed and light the aroma lamp, they also leave little souvenir. But overall not impressed, not a five star experience they promised.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anna V
Kritchawat K, General Manager at Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Anna V.

Please accept our honest apologies regarding the mishaps you experienced during your stay.

On behalf of the Management team, we would like to thank you for value comments following your recent stay at Natai Beach Resort & Spa. As guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us your comments are highly valued in our efforts to strive for excellence in all areas of the hotel.

We are very sorry to learn that you found several matters unsatisfactory, and would like to assure you that appropriate action has been taken to remedy, where necessary, the problems which you have highlighted.

We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

As our guests are of the utmost importance to our future success, we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next holiday to show you that we have listened and improved the areas conveyed from your comments.

Best Regards,
Kritchawat Kittipiroon
Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2016

We had a fantastic time here. The hotel is fabulous, really lovely. Staff are brilliant. Without going into detail, we had lots of big delays getting to phuket and the hotel, having to get in touch with the hotel a few times to push back our transfer time. The staff were so helpful and really concerned about our wellbeing, which was very nice. They told us to ring if we needed any help and when we finally got to Phuket airport our transfer was there waiting for us. Definitely worth booking it though the hotel for ease. Check in was quick and easy with a refreshing towel and cold drink provided. We had booked a plunge pool room which I'd recommend and we were not disappointed. We did use the main pool as well but it was nice having our own pool when we wanted to be by ourselves. Food is lovely, yes it's a bit more expensive than a normal resort but still reasonably priced. Breakfast had lots and lots of choices. Happy hour at the pool bar is a must! The beach is amazing. The hotel grounds are fab. The room has everything needed: bath rides, huge bath, slippers, beach towels & bag, flash light, umbrellas and lots more. Ignore any bad reviews, I did and I wasn't disappointed. We will be back next year!

Room tip: Plunge pool or a beach front villa is a must.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ilove2travel8373

Dear Ilove2travel8373

On behalf of the Management team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to reviews on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Natai Beach Resort & Spa.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind remarks regarding our staff and services are received with great pleasure and have been conveyed to all Department Heads concerned. These will certainly serve as encouragement for us to continue improving the standard of our services.

It is always gratifying to know that we have been able to please our guests and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Kritchawat Kittipiroon

Reviewed 19 February 2016

This hotel is very well kept up, strikingly beautiful, and the staff are all VERY friendly. Sometimes the service was slow if you are in a rush and unfortunately the food is very mediocre. The spa is over-priced by my standards but for a Five Star hotel it's probably not ridiculously pricy. My biggest gripe is that as an American, I felt I was not given the level of "VIP" style service that particularly Russian and to a lesser extent Chinese guests seemed to receive. Otherwise, the hotel is very good I would only give it four stars mainly because the food was not deserving of five. The head staff are all very professional and kind.

1  Thank R S
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Overall average. Good location, good facility. bad food and house keeping. Spa facility is good, but some of the staffs appear to be impolite, due to lack of fluency in English. Reasonable food price. Spa expensive.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Rupa K
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself was amazing , great rooms , beautiful private beach , reception stuff most very helpful , the only place that let the hotel down was the Thai restaurant, the stuff was rude and very unfriendly , the fist night we was there ( Sunday 7th Feb )we went to get food , I asked the girl are you still serving she said no go upstairs , I went upstairs and the guy said no food is downstairs, he spoke to them and finely we got some food, quality of the food was rubbish and my fish soup to start stunk like death, although I tip at the end and say thank you they where still miserable this was about 9:45 pm so restaurant was still meant to be open, went there the next day ( Monday 8th Feb ) for lunch and had the same treatment very rude literally throwing food at the table, at one point I see one of there fingers in the food as they are throwing the plate down in front off us I had the platter sea food poor quality of food again , I also tried the other restaurant on the resort friendly stuff but food not worth the price .. at that point, we decided to go find a place outside the hotel to eat .. So we come to the beach turn right walked past the little huts walked for about 2-3 minutes and there is a restaurant on the beach .. The food was amazing (half the price ) stuff was really friendly , one evening we got there, they had closed already so we was going to turn back , he said no sit it's ok and they made as food let us relax eat and drink and then we left .. We ate there for lunch and dinner for the remainder of the time and the food was always fresh and delicious , when we was checking out .. On the 10th the girls working the desk were really lovely , and 4 pm when we went to collect our bags to get a taxi to the next hotel the girl working the desk was so lovely and helpful that it made me want to return , so personally I would return to the hotel for longer if they where available , but I would avoid the restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank brazilian-bodyguard