Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$115
View deal
PricelineUS$123
Agoda.comUS$123
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews new ross cereal fruit overnight stop clean rooms ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

Our extended family attended the Horse and Hound after our aunt's funeral two weeks ago. In the COVID era, that was no easy feat for the establishment but they handled it superbly. Staff wore face shields, tables were spaced out, and hand sanitisers were at the entrance/exit.

I'm told Management were a joy to deal with during the booking process, the waiters and waitresses were friendly and consummate professionals, smiling non-stop, and the pints were went down very well.

I couldn't decide between the beef or the turkey and ham so I had both. Good call on my part as both dinners were delicious; I was able to wind my brother up that he only had the one before David sorted him out with a second dinner too. The apple tart after dinner was by far the nicest apple anything I've ever tasted. I look forward to calling back to taste it again.

A special thank you to David O'Leary for looking after our table. You couldn't meet a nicer, more professional guy. He'll go far in hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2020

We arrived with no booking and were greeted very friendly. We got a table and our order was taken. The food was beautiful and the service was great. We will be back for the amazing steak ciabatta . They also have wonderful soup and great specials

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

A special family and friends event was so badly catered for with the direst food I've come across anywhere. How does this venue survive in Wexford, where we typically expexct and enjoy such good quality cuisine??

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank trish b
Reviewed 2 October 2019

Went here for family wedding last August and stayed in Room 104 on the ground floor at end of corridor.You needed to use your room key card to get through door to enter this corridor which could be annoying.The room was of an ample size with one double bed which was too small and a single bed. There was a stain on the carpet, dingy lighting (all hotels seem to do this ) , a very big cracking across the bathroom sink and frayed towels. See pictures. Also in one window sill in a corridor lay a dead wasp. The switch on the standard lamp was faulty as well.Also in one of the bars I was disgusted when I saw a lady vaping ! This could be due to different smoking laws in Ireland to the UK. Howe very it was still very off putting.The girls that work in this hotel/bar/restaurant should have their wages doubled as they seemed to do everything and always with a smile. To conclude I would return here for meals but not too stay as the rooms are not comparable to Trave Lodge or Premier Inn but are a lot more expensive .PS . The TV was ancient !!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank postmanpat690
Reviewed 23 August 2019

we stayed here for two nights, for a family wedding close by. The staff were outstanding, helpful, friendly, couldn't do enough for us. We had dinner one evening in the restaurant, all good. Lovely breakfast, a nice big room and great value.

Date of stay: August 2019