“Brilliant Japanese Meal”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2016

We had an excellent meal choosing the all you can eat option. The service was friendly and obliging - responding to all our requests. There is a varied menu incorporating the traditional Japanese dishes. I understand that the restaurant is run by a Chinese family but that does not impact on the quality of the dishes served. We covered most of the dishes and have a particular liking for the wagame salad. The only minus was that the miso soup was not as hot as we usually enjoy. The nighiri was great and it was interesting to try a fusion type salad using wholemeal pasta. My partner and I were at a loss to understand the recent negative comments - certainly untrue on the evening we went!

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

First of all the food is not even Japanese, one of the characters used to write the name of the restaurant does not even exist in Japanese. Our dishes had days old vegetables (brown) and frozen sea food piled on top. And clearly they used some kind of cheap oil to fry their stuff. To top it off our food had a sharp piece of hard plastic in it. The staff (none of whom was Japanese) was so rude, and they refused to let us sit in a particular seat that we would have been more comfortable in with our kids. It's sad that people get a wrong image of Japanese people and Japanese food because of fake restaurants like this. I did not feel safe eating the food there. I never ever set foot in a restaurant as dodgy as this one before. What a shame.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Quite good location very close to the pedestrian area of "Desenzano", this restaurant offers an "all you can eat" menu for 21.90 at dinner time (not included beverage and service).
Some dishes were good, for example the nighiri (that had a right mix between rice and fish) and special dishes for the infinity menu but the other pieces were with to much rice!
Unfortunately I had a stomachache after the dinner.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

This was the worst evening of our holiday. The service was terrible - mostly as the waitress did not communicate well or understand the order. My partner ordered a mixed platter from the appetiser menu and this came first, Then my main course arrived with no rice - she seemed amazed that I wanted the rice I had ordered with my meal. Next his main course arrived followed my my starter - selected from the antipasti section. It was all cold apart from his main and a complete hotch potch and mess. We'd been to Venice for the day and were travel weary - so it was just food and we didn't really want to make a fuss. However, drew the line when they tried to overcharge for the wine. Cover was €2 each for which we didn't even get a napkin as they took them away with the water glasses. All in all the worst place we ate all week. Avoid.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I reccomend this sushi restaurant just because the food is well prepared and fish quality it's ok and also the price. If you don't want to spend a lot of time to eat this is not theplace for you, the waitess don'know how to serve the guests and to have a dish served normally you wait 30 min. So if you choose Mizumi don't be in rush and you will enjoy your meal.