“An Excellent Take Away”

la Sosta del Priore
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Volterra
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Street Food
Description: Ciao! come to try our street food with local specialties. Italian style panini and schiacciate with: wild boar meat, tuscan salami, tuscan ham pork, lampredotto with green and spicy sauces, tuscan pecorino chees fresh or grilled, honey and marmalades, grilled vegetables, and much more...
Reviewed 19 August 2018

An Excellent Take Away

If you want to eat a local sandwich here is the ideal place

Grab the porcheta

LaSostadelPriore, Proprietario at la Sosta del Priore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank's!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We waited 15-20 minutes only to find out that there was no beef meat left, it was 1:10pm, the moment people go to eat. The cook did not annonce there was no beef left to people queuing. Not cool

LaSostadelPriore, Proprietario at la Sosta del Priore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

I apologize.

Hamburger is a new entry on my menu and I don't know the average request yet. They are daily delivered, I don't stock them because I want to only serve fresh food. Unfortunately today I definitely went short with my order and run out of hamburgers too soon. Working alone in the busiest time of the day I didn't had the chance to remove burgers from the menu, so you totally right, sorry.

I wish, from the heart, to see you again and have the chance to let you try my hamburger.

Ciao.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We were wandering around Volterra, got hungry and stumbled upon this place for sandwiches. What a happy accident. The sandwiches were excellent and the location was really cool. We only discovered once we were back in Canada how special la Sosta del Priore actually is. Check it out if you're in town.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely recommended!!! Perfect service, friendly woman, she helps you with filling panini, quality-price normal.. The best meal what we ever eaten in Italy (and we stay in 4*hotel). Unbealiveable street food, Grazie:)

1  Thank Jakub V
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This little place is amazing! It is always busy and there are queues outside the door.
Well worth the queue.
Lovely staff, amazing sandwich and even some local wine while you wait.
Worth a visit