“Ok”

la Sosta del Priore
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Volterra
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Street Food
Description: Ciao! come to try our street food with local specialties. Italian style panini and schiacciate with: wild boar meat, tuscan salami, tuscan ham pork, lampredotto with green and spicy sauces, tuscan pecorino chees fresh or grilled, honey and marmalades, grilled vegetables, and much more...
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Small location, average-high price for a sandwich (~7€ each), and the food was tasty and good but in my opinion a little too "charged" (e.g. too much cheese and onions)

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic! Down a side street in the beautiful walled city of Volterra. There was a bit of a queue but it was definitely worth the wait. The Italian lady was very simple and to the point (what meat, cheese?, what tomatoes) we went for proscuitto, cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Such a simple sandwich but done very well, toasted bread and fried cheese and a huge portion of ham! All wrapped up and eaten sat on the chairs outside... very happy customers!

1  Thank Nicola H
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is a perfect place just to stop for a quick sandwich!
I had a sandwich with finocchiona e pecorino and it was really tasty!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

A thousand times yes, I've I'd have to pick a place to redo my lunch ever again in Italy it would be this place. The sandwiches are a very reasonable price and the people that work there are amazing. They helped me out a lot explaining me about the city, the countryside, the culture, everything.
I arrived around 3 pm to grab a quick bite and I just went with whatever they recommended me. The ingredients were fresh and the panini was well constructed. The overall experience was very good and combining that with the beautiful sights of Tuscany it was one for the books!

1  Thank David Charles v
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Cute little place for a quick take-away bite. Quite ordinary paninis - maybe a bit too much bread although generous in terms of Pecorino and meat.

We won't be back but that is just because there are so many alternatives.

Bonus: server spoke English!