“Great staff, great food”

Locanda il Boschetto
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Volterra
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quiet place in the greenery half-way from Volterra & San Gimignano. Tipycal food at a reasonable price. Many home made products like olive oil, jams, liquors.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

As the view is not the best thing in this restaurant, you can enjoy your food. It is very "Tuscany".The kids loved the dog (Pepe?). Salads are great, but I had one of best Tuscany t-bone steak.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I normally do not stop at a random restaurant on the side of the road but today my kids were really hungry and could not even wait the few km up to Volterra. I'm glad I stopped at this restaurant.
The place is spacious, clean and there is a little playground for kids to have some fun while waiting for their meal.
The selection of food in the menu and what was available as specials of the day was amazing.
We started with crostini, grilled cheese with honey (mouth watering) cold cuts while we were waiting for our main courses. Then we had pasta for the kids and cinghiale and soup. The cinghiale was so good and my kids kept picking on my plate so I had to order one more.
For desserts we had cantucci and vinsanto, ice creams and cake.
The staff was very attentive and recommended the house wine which was very good at only 5 Euro a bargain.
We also bought some honey and bin Santo which is sold at the counter. Good price and quality.
Five happy customers left with 130 euros less in the pocket but with a full belly and good memories to bring home.

1  Thank Cosmopolitan67
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very friendly staff, welcoming atmosphere and fantastic food. We have been there many times and have always had good food and service. Rustic outlook just off the main road from Colle val d'elsa and Voltara. Surrounded by fanfastic Tuscan countryside and offering accommodation as well as fòod. Well worth a visit especially if you have kids as there is a play area and some live chickens walking around the grounds.

LocandaBoschetto, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Locanda il Boschetto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you very much!!

All the best

Alessandro

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Alex you are a wonderful host.
Visited for our friends wedding and could not fault a thing. Food was delicious, service was exceptional. We had the most amazing time.
Also stayed in the villa owned by Alex and it was just the best.
Too many good things to say but we thank you from the bottom of our hearts
Joanne, Neil, Libby and Heidi.

LocandaBoschetto, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Locanda il Boschetto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words..
We spent a really nice time here and I'll tell you once more: congrats to you and Neil for the wonderful family you created.
All the best.

Alex

P.S.: you forgot the pasta I gave you in the fridge. Don't store pasta in fridge. You'll need an intensive class of italian behavior. :-) I'll bring you some pasta if I have the chance to come visit Mark & Sara in autumn.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We went here as a family in search of good but local Tuscan cooking. we wanted authentic local cooking and we got it. Highly recommend this place. We sat outside. No great views from our table as the tables don't face out across the valley but we were busy eating so it didn't really matter. Plenty of dishes to keep our two vegetarians more than happy.