“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We went earlier this week and ordered off the more classic side of the menu and the food was amazing - best bruschetta I’ve ever had and the truffle soufflé was awesome.

We went simple for mains too and got cinghiale stew and ricotta ravioli. The stew probably didn’t quite hit the highs of the other dishes but the ravioli was awesome.

All reasonably priced, excellent staff and on top of that on my way out got given a small plate as present for purchasing the ravioli.

Great place and we plan to come back to have a small post wedding meal here when we return to Volterra to get married.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

As simple as that. The best restaurant and the best meal we had in Italy. The staff was amazingly friendly and the food was beyond compare. Was had been here 7 years ago and not only do they offer the same options as the traditional menu and other new options bit they have maintained the quality and the flavors if not improved them. This is clearly a place run by their owners who only want it to succeed and give the best service possible.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We have a house in Tuscany and every time we go there we always go to Del Duca. Very surprised at one or two negatives posted here on TripAdvisor. Over the past 10 years we must have eaten here about 30 times. Never have we been unhappy, with either food or service. It is a family owned business and the mom and pop are now semi retired. Their daughter, Claudia, runs the show and she does a great job. We went there again this week and noticed quite a few changes. The menu has been re-vamped and now includes fish which it never did before. To be honest I miss one or two items from the old menu, but the new chef has brought in some stunning dishes, presumable to take the business forward. My wife had two starters. Beef tartare - and blue cheese ice cream. Yep. You read that right. She said it was "outstanding" and it certainly looked it. Then she had duck carpaccio with foi gras. Said the same and I have to say these two new dishes are on my mind to have next time. They looked incredible. They serve everything up on lovely chinaware and high quality linen. I was slightly disappointed at the change of cutlery from silverware to stainless steel. But its no big deal. The bill for the three of us was EU190 for three courses each. We could have saved E20 by not having a second bottle of wine. Its not cheap but in terms of value its terrific. We all love the place, we have taken family and friends there over the years and will be back very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We ate here with friends on a recent stay in Volterra. The anti pasta and starters were superb as were 2 of the 4 main courses but my main meal of lamb was very disappointing! It was extremely fatty and when I mentioned this to the waitress she told me it had been slow cooked and prepared the Tuscan way!
The desserts were great and we had a very enjoyable evening in their outdoor seating area.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I went to this restaurant today to eat lunch. And the food is probably great, but we didn’t get to eat before we decided to leave.
One of the staff members was so rude!
The family that sat next to us was not sure wether they wanted to eat or not, so the waiter (which was a blond guy) slammed the menu in the table, rolled his eyes, took the menu and walked away.
The same waiter had already been rude to us, as we were getting our table so this was the deal breaker, and we decided to leave, all though the menu and the food looked very good, the waiter completely ruined the experience for us.