“Great place, great food! ”

L'Hamburgheria di Volterra
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Volterra
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Description: Local with more than 30 seats, where they prepare hamburgers meat of cattle and Cinta Senese raised on pasture zero km. Cooked in front of you and served with homemade bread or dish, garnished with cheese and local vegetables, and homemade sauces. Fresh potatoes novellas cutted and fried on time. Salads and sandwiches with grilled vegetables for vegetarians. Menus and games for children entertainment (and large). Possibility of reservation for large groups. Possibility of takeaway order.
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

After strolling around in beautiful Volterra, we (family with 2 young kids; 8 and 4) were all hungry and ready for a late lunch/early dinner. We wanted to avoid the tourist-restaurants and initially opted for one of the pizzeria's away from the piazza's. The one we chose, was closed though and via TripAdvisor we ended up at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra. Which was actually great! The owners are very nice people who offer great service. You can order your menu through a form on which you can choose various options (which bread, which sauce, what kind of meat, with or without fries?) and the owner took the time to explain to us how it works.
The food is pure and delicious! One of the best burgers we had lately, with very fresh salad and cheese. The meat is of very good quality. Not sure if I'm totally right about this, but I felt like I was eating part of a cow that's had a good life out in the Tuscan hills :) It at least tasted like that.
Contrary to some of the responders here, we much appreciated the French fries. They are pure, original, freshly cut up and fried potatoes with a therefor rich taste. The texture is different from the usual French fries at fastfood restaurants, yes, but that's why it's mostly a matter of expectations. If you ever visit Volterra and want to step away from the original Italian menu's, you should definately visit this place. 'Fastfood' doesn't cover it. It's streetfood prepared in a high level Italian way, with respect and tender loving care for the local products. If we ever visit Volterra again, we'll come back! (our kids loved it too!) :)

1  Thank Boukje v
Paolo C, Proprietario at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for wonderful review...
You will be always welcome

Reviewed 4 January 2018

My boyfriend and I visited Volterra two days ago and found it
astonishing! We fell in love with its gorgeous walls, towers,
buildings, alleys, landscape… and with one of its hamburgerias!!! We
had lunch at Hamburgeria Volterra, on Ricciarelli Road, we definitely
recommend this place: you can choose the type of bread, meat,
seasoning, sauce… the result is absolutely heavenly.. tasty, really!
Excellent quality of food and service! We’ll come back!

1  Thank jadina2016
Paolo C, Proprietario at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

I thank a lot you for the compliments about our city...
I also thank you for the beautiful critique, and I hope to see again next time you will return to visit Volterra.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

On a bright and breezy Thursday in mid-november we stopped by for lunch. When you walk in you are greeted straight away which is a good start. We immediately saw little ordering cards in english, italian, german, french on which you simply check-off what you want. The menu is short so its a quick task. Then you hand it over and take a seat.

My son had the chicken nuggets which we he said we much better than McDonalds and BK.I was in no doubt as you can see its all freshly prepared and I'm sure it doesn't have any of the crap MD and BK add.

I had the Sienese burger which wasn't huge but the meat was very tasty and the dressing was very fresh.

The only negative was the chips which were a little on the soggy side but still tasted fine.

totale for 2 portions of 5 nuggets, 2 portions of chips, a coke and a beer was €24

If you are in Volterra looking for a fairly cheap lunch with high quality ingredients then you can't go far wrong.

Paolo C, Proprietario at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thanks for your nice review...
I'm sorry you didn't like our french fries, but we fry only fresh potatoes. Not always they are firm like frozen potatoes, but surely are more tasty!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We were too late for the better restaurants, so we decided to risk this place based on TripAdvisor. My wife’s piadina and my hamburger and fries were all fine, the green salads were fresh, and the service was friendly. We drank local craft beer, and it was excellent. Euro 30 for two.

Paolo C, Proprietario at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thanks for the nice review.
We are happy that you are well and hope to see you again next time you visit the beautiful Volterra

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Well, here is the thing. You are in Italy and all you want to find is the best pizza or pasta, preferably made in a local boutique restaurant by a true Italian grandma. I get that! That was our plan all along, as we drove around Tuscany for ten days.

When we saw the L'Hamburgheria, we gave in to the temptation of our love for burgers and I am truly happy that we did. The burger was freshly prepared and the quality of the meat was so great, customized by your choice of toppings and condiments. My absolute favorite was their roasted red pepper!

If you stop by this small restaurant for a change, it will not disappoint you.

Paolo C, Proprietario at L'Hamburgheria di Volterra, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Thanks for reviewing our local ...
You are always welcome!