“The Highlight of our Holiday!”
Review of Maneggio Tanka

Maneggio Tanka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This 2 hour horse riding experience was truly fantastic!
I haven’t ridden in many years and Stefi and her instructors showed patience and competence as we were given a short hands on lesson in the ring, before heading out into the stunning scenery of Villasimius.
The western saddles are comfortable and easy to ride on, aimed at the holiday visitor looking for a memorable experience, rather than the expert horse-person. The horses are clearly loved and well cared for, they are very sure footed and know exactly what is expected of them. That said, I did get told off for not reigning in enough, no hard feelings though, as my instructor was completely correct, I had to do as I was told, as it’s all about being safe!
The trek itself was amazing, rugged countryside, ruins, a saltwater lagoon, magical vistas, sightings of flamingos and parakeets.....
We are returning to Sardinia next year and will be booking with Manneggio Tanka for a least one trek, if not two!

wmax2014, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maneggio Tanka, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much.
You are very kind and we hope to see you again
Very happy for yours words

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

But you smoked us out! My 10 year old doesn't like cigarette smoke, nor do I and if the 10 you smoked on the 3 hour trip really is necessary then maybe it should come with a warning sign. Other than that the trip was amazing and the views spectacular. A few little niggles...

My daughter is a competent rider although the western was quite different she took like it like a duck to water. Me on the other hand, I've not ridden in over 20 years and in the uk we pull left to go left but western it was quite different (we had to loosen left to go left or something) so all a little confusing with an older, inexperienced, non confident rider like myself although the instructor took great joy in making me look 'stupid' in front of everyone else and belittling me rather than supporting me whilst I spend most of the time worrying about my little girl and trying to make sure I was doing it right. Sensitivity would have been kind in this situation!! I never said I was a rider but was keen to give it a go until she felt the need to 'put me down' to me daughter and the other riders. It's not kind and certainly not required!!!

2  Thank k8w76
wmax2014, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maneggio Tanka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

We're really sorry you didn't appreciate our services.
Western saddle is to make safer ride, to allow you to take some pictures and to help the beginners and the youngest , otherwise not allowed ....
Every single word and action were made to help and smile.
Thank you for yours suggestions.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

babies can ride ponies - pulled by parents, grown ups can go for a real ride... a nice spot where you can also have your intro training to horse riding

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We have just got back to the UK after an amazing holiday in Villasimius in early July 2016. The highlights were our 2 evening treks on horseback, with the 'WOW' views from the headland over the turquoise bays and white beaches. Stefi is a brilliant guide, and her horses are really well looked after, sure footed and well trained, the western saddles are new and comfortable, and the route is largely traffic free along the edge of the saltwater lagoon and up through the scrubland to the hilltops overlooking the peninsula.
I took my teenage daughters with me and we are hoping to return again next year - what a wonderful way to see the area and to get out of the hotel complex- it is a 10 minute walk from the Timi Ama Hotel where we were staying. Thank you Stefi so much for looking after us and making us feel so welcome- big hugs to beautiful Pegasus, who carried me safely out and home again, and never missed a step!

1  Thank 2016Nicky2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We did the 2 hr evening excursion which we highly reccomend. The horses were great, well trained and obviously knew the route well.The trek lasted just over 2 hrs and it included beach walk a few hilly climbs to get great views over the local area. We were in a group of about 10, then on the way back split up into 2 groups so if people wanted to do some faster paced riding then they could go ahead. Wear long trousers and long top as there are a few bushes on the narrow trails that might catch you a bit.

1  Thank Jakechitty22