“Disapointing”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Saturday 8/7 2017
Visit 2016 was very good!! This visit average. Fully booket on a Saturday. To much customers and maby to few people to serve us. Not realey good to be there. We had to pay for two bottles of wine, but the menu said that this was included. The food was good+! The employes don't sees happy. The boss not good. But we will tru again, not on a Saturday, only one antirasistisk, and one fistel course, and one bottles of wine.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Everytime i fly to Italy I land in Pisa around 12.30pm giving me the opportunity to stop at Romano for lunch......what can i tell about this place....everything is perfect and the food extraordinary .
By the way Romano is good friend of Sirio Maccioni owner of Le Cirque in NYC ( he told me about this place) .

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Very good restaurant.. I got to visit the restaurant for my birthday dinner. The seafood was excellent. I love the squid ink pasta and the zucchini flower stuffed with little shrimps was delicious, good presentation, food was good and very good wine. It's a busy restaurant I will recommended reservations. Service was good and fast.

1  Thank JoReed7
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We are fans of the Buon Ricordo family of restaurants. If you are not familiar with this, it is a group of affiliated restaurants mostly in Italy and some abroad that strive to guarantee a certain standard of quality and local cuisine. Plus, if you eat the speciality of the house, you can collect a very cool Vetri china plate. We have been collecting these since the 1990's and while the group has diminished over the years, you can still count on a Buon Ricordo spot to be good to great.

Ristorante Romano did not disappoint. The signature dish was farro and seafood. Delicious. We also had the stuffed zucchini blossoms. Perfectly fried.

The service was excellent and the vibe was top notch - white table clothes and great glass panels. Very classy. Price was comparable to what we have elsewhere in Italy of places of comparable quality.

It isn't too far off the main road. We suggest you venture here. When we are in Italy, we almost always make the time to venture a bit off the main road (not a fan of Auto Grill) to find a local spot.

And for sure if you are in Viareggio, this place is better than than #28.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Romano, (and others), expose a flaw, (in my opinion at least), in the TA ratings system. How can this establishment be, (at time of writing), only 28th in Viareggio? Are reviewers writing about the same place? Quite often in TA, a sandwich-bar will be the number one “restaurant” in a resort. OK, I kinda get that. Value for money, well prepared ingredients, friendly service, etc. but the number one “restaurant”? No.

In Romano you have an establishment at the top of its game and if you read a professional food guide; has been so for many years. A few contributors have noted this and highlighted the dizzy heights the kitchen achieves - not to mention the excellent value. I could list every course but I won't. I will however have to mention the house speciality - baby squid, stuffed with diced veg and shellfish - sublime. All the courses were as exquisitely prepared as this and all were outstanding in their own way.

What does require special attention, are the desserts, (and pre-desserts). The skill shown here fairly took our breath away. In the pre-dessert line-up, was a fantastically delicate white chocolate heart, filled with a creamy, (but not too sweet), centre. The chocolate shell was literally - paper-thin. How was such a delicate gem even made? It seemed impossible. My wife's strawberry and cream based dessert, on a biscuity base, was delicious in itself but lurking in there was a golf ball sized “thing” which looked a little out of place. The lovely waitress told my wife to crack it with her spoon and voila - an intensely fruity puree spilled out. Breathtakingly imaginative, not to mention delicious.

The restaurant is beautifully designed, completely unstuffy and very, very professionally run. You know the TA question, “Was this one of the best meals you've had?” well in this case - it was. Romano is the equal of any restaurant I have ever eaten in and that includes chefs with international reputations and a multitude of stars from a well-known food-guide. If you are in Viareggio and love great food, Romano is one of the must-visit restaurants.

1  Thank JandApe