See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in mid September and we were so pleased we did. The location is perfect - just a few yards from the Passeggiata, and the room which had a partial sea view was modern and very comfortable.
The staff were absolutely superb, from our lovely maid who cleaned the room every day, to the polite and helpful young lady who served breakfast. A special mention though to Andrea who helped us so much with getting a parcel sent back to the UK via UPS! The parcel arrived safe and sound because of his help.
Overall this hotel is a little diamond in Viareggio and I would highly recommend staying here to anybody.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

-food is terrible. either no flavour or dry bread, or expired butter
-server was very rude
-room was very small for 2 people
-shower was the tiniest ever
-server said i had no manners because i had my phone IN MY LAP when others were texting while eating!!

overall terrible experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Only one question: WHO ARE YOU???
I have spent more than half an hour to remeber who you are and when you were in my hotel without any result because we didn't have any foreign clients in July.
Where are you from? Are you really english? Because you write in a very terrible way!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Playa is a family hotel, newly renovated and with very helpful and friendly staff. Our room had a nice balcony with sun in the afternoon and with a view of the luxury small shops along the street closest to the see and the playa. For a deasent amount of money the hotel offered admittance to the beach with sun loungers included. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and recommend it to you who likes to stay at smaller and more familiar hotels. Definitly worth the prize we payed for our stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Staffan K
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed Hotel Playa for two days and found it to be charming. It's a small hotel off the Main Street through this beach cute town. It's a quick walk to the beach, the shops and restaurants.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and always very upbeat and engaging.

I highly recommended this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

I've travelled a lot of the world and stayed in some great 5 star hotels and some not so great hotels.
But the playa has by far the most friendly and welcoming staff in all the hotels I've been in the world, they are great even with a slight language problem with some...
It's situated 30 seconds from the beach but some rooms have sea views from a balcony.
Lovely cool air con which is a must in the hot Italian weather.
Now the best part, the price is fantastic a 3rd of the price of its grand neighbour but with almost the same view, the rooms are spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds
I'll be returning for sure

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family