“Amazing authentic Italian Food”

Taverna l'Assassino
Ranked #72 of 516 Restaurants in Viareggio
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I LOVE this little restaurant. Been there many times during my visits to Viareggio and never got disappointed. All freshly made, lots of choice and here you taste the real Tuscany.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Not many places play music in Italy so this is a real gem. Has a cellar feel about it, good service, friendly staff, good food.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had had a terrible lunch earlier in the day and were a bit down about the experience.

But from the minute we stepped into l'Assassino we felt at home.

Amazing table with a fantastic nautical theme and atmosphere, our waiter couldn't be more helpful. He let me speak my dodgy Italian and even taught me a few new words and the local pronunciation.

He was helpful in suggesting gluten free options and even told us not to order too much because of portion sizes- he could have sold us more but instead help us find exactly what we wanted.

Our meals were tailored to our dietary needs and my Dad who is lactose intolerant was given some dark chocolates for dessert without even asking!

Great champagne and wine menu and friendly staff. Who spoke AMAZING English (way better than my Italian for sure)

We'll be going back for lunch again soon ❤️

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 January 2017

The food is very good and the wines' proposal is wonderful.
The quality is very very high and the staff are very capable to suggest you the right combination of food and wine, based on your wishes.
The "Passata di ceci" is very delicious and the cheeses dish is superb.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We went in first night as we arrived late, it was around midnight and still served food.
Price was fine and food was nice as well.
Was happy with my visit.

Date of visit: November 2016