“Amazing seafood”

Pivot Bistro di mare
Ranked #6 of 516 Restaurants in Viareggio
Price range: US$23 - US$46
Description: Typical old bistrò in Art Nouveau style.
Description: Typical old bistrò in Art Nouveau style.
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We visited at the very start of the evening service. I would advise booking in advance. The service was the first thing to be noticed. Friendly staff who were accommodating and so enthusiastic about their food. The decor is subtle and warm. You get the feeling of privacy even in a crowded room.

The food was just exemplary. The five course tasting starter was out of this world. Literally a revelation. I would pick a favourite but I cant. It was all wonderful.

The traditional razor clam tagliatelli was next and was rich, delicious and slightly warming. Really excellent focus on complex flavours coming together.

The strawberry tiramisu that followed was so flavourful and a perfect end to a really amazing experience. I would happily visit Viareggio again just to eat here.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Complimentary spicy potato soup with croutons
Five mixed food starters
Maltagliati with borage and mixed fish sauce
Tagliatelle with razor clams
MoteCarlo Bianco Villa Mimosa
Grappa
Wonderful

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had looked up restaurants in Viareggo near to where we were staying beforehand, this was ideal only being a 10 min walk from our hotel, we were not disappointed the food was delicious and the restaurant warm and welcoming. I had a selection of seafood starter which was presented beautifully followed by Ravioli in a seafood sauce, then finally we ordered tiramisu as we know it! But what we got was a creamy mixture with fresh strawberries and sauce! (Maybe something lost in translation here lol ) but so mouth watering. Final thought - great food and welcoming restaurant.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We pre-booked a table for the first night of our holiday here; as it is very popular and quickly gets full. It was a fabulous meal, the food was superb. My husband and me shared the sizeable 5 platter starter, which included taramasalata, the best I've ever tasted - not at all like shop bought, but freshly prepared. My husband had sea bass ravioli in a creamy, parmesan sauce for his second course and I chose razor clam tagliatelle in tomato sauce. Both were superb. We both chose the same main - seafood stew which was fabulous; it included linguistines, clams, mussels, baby octopus and king prawns - there was plenty. I was too full for a sweet but my husband tried the strawberry tiramisu, which I tried (I found it too sweet and my husband loved it - right on for him). We had a nice bottle of white wine too with the meal costing in total 104 euros. An excellent meal, definitely recommended. I believe It is a family run business and Mum does the cooking. We were brought a Chef's taster dish which was really nice (I'm not spoiling the surprise). The restaurant itself is very tastefully decorated and is chic with a great atmosphere.

1  Thank bernadetteb424
Reviewed 15 September 2017

2nd time we have been here and not disappointed ! Staff are brilliant. Food is exceptional. Wine selection great. And not too expensive. Well,worth a visit