“Wow and wow again!”
Review of Lunasia - CLOSED

Lunasia
Price range: US$55 - US$138
Description: Who practices products of nature declares love, beauty and joy of life (Angelo Paracucchi) Comfortably seated at the table, in the large and bright roof garden, you will taste the gastrnomic creations of Chef Luca Landi, admiring the view from the Apuan Alps to the Tyrrhenian Sea. Lunasia: peace and serenity.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were thrilled to try this award winning restaurant and so impressed that we went again a few days later. On both occasions we ate beautiful things, some of which we ordered and some of which were delivered to keep us amused between courses. The staff managed to be both professional and lovely. They explained each dish and served the food beautifully.
The food was excellent. One of the best meals we have eaten anywhere. Don't forego the dessert and post-dessert goodies. It will be a long time before I forget that passion fruit souffle with celery ice cream! Yes celery.
Although this is expensive eating it is worth it for what you get. You can't argue with that.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This was the BEST restaurant I have been to since my 22nd birthday in Paris.

Yes it's expensive but it is SO worth it.
We had the tasting menu and usually due to my allergies I cannot have this as chefs say 'You must all have the same'.

However this chef altered courses and even fully changed a couple for my Dad who is lactose intolerant and cannot eat shellfish.

I was baked special bread and we were told about each and every course in great detail by an amazing waitress who was really great fun.

We left absolutely stuffed full with incredible food and insanely good wine.

If you are able GO HERE!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We had a nice dinner here during our latest holiday to Tuscany. Despite visiting Viareggio more than 10 times over the years, we'd never managed to organise ourselves to eat in this restaurant before.

The staff were friendly and the food was consistently good throughout. However, compared to other "high class" restaurants in the area, Lunasia isn't quite up there (I'm thinking Il Picolo Principe, Lux Lucis, La Magnolia) despite being equally as pricey.

1  Thank JimmyMcFatboyfat
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Ate at the restaurant as staying in the hotel for a few days. Lovely food & great service - highly recommended

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Alone in Viareggio I decided to book a table in Lunasia. I did not regret it.

All from the Avocado Ice at the beginning over the crush oyster to black cod and Pesci spade was Super delicious. The desserts were to die for and will make you come back again.

Excellent wine pairing and really nice grappa selection.

Anytime again!