Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$91
Hotels.comUS$91
PricelineUS$91
Orbitz.comUS$91
eDreamsUS$91
TravelocityUS$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2019

My wife and I were on a motorcycling tour of the Alps and Italian lakes. We stayed for two nights. The hotel appears to have been refurbished to a very high standard. We had a room overlooking the lake and it could not be faulted. The secure basement car parking was also much appreciated. Otherwise, the standard of service and breakfast/dining offer were all very good and location was very handy. Lastly, the price for what was offered was very reasonable. A most enjoyable stay.

Room tip: Overlooking lake was good.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Our visit at San Gottardo was perfect. A room with a nice lake view, the staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was big, very clean and enough space also in the bathroom. The hotel is in front of the ferry terminal and on Friday there is a market in front of the hotel but the windows are totally soundproof, so it is just an advantage to be in the middle of the town. (We even thought the market did not take place because we did not hear anything.)

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the San Gottardo, one night in room 813 on the 3rd floor of the main building, and one night in apartment 1in the dependence. Room 813 was excellent: not for gorgeous design but because it’s perfectly renovated, airco, very clean, excellent beds for parents and two children, spacious bathroom. The second night we moved to the dependance in the back alley., into a one bedroom apartment with and additional sofa bed. Very spacious, although no airco but a fan. Unfortunately there are a lot of people walking through the alley in the night, a bar disposes of its garbage and in the morning the hotel kitchen is steaming the milk for the cappuccinos. This noise level worked for our kids but my wife who is a light sleeper was exhausted in the morning and eventually even I woke up.
The staff is very friendly, the hotel,looks out over the lake, nearby there are tennis courts and a fantastic infinity pool with a view over the lake (9€ pp) and lots of rental bikes for decent prices.
I would go back again, but then make sure I a room in the main building.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank EuropeanVoyager
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Good hotel overall. Has a nice parking nearby, not 200m as they say but few minutes walk. Clean. Matresses are old and so uncorfortable. Breakfast is poor, but ok for 3 stars. I was not sure about it but they proposed me my two kids to pay 5 euro only (one was sick so only one would pay) so we accepted. When it came bill they said my little girl eat 2 eggs whites so they charged her. Never trust italians. I should have argued. Destroy a morning for 5 eur? No thanks. Keep my money and you will never see me again. Totally unfair. My advice: Stay Out.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SlowFooder76
Reviewed 1 November 2017

After my horrible stay at a B&B in Stresa I booked lastminute this hotel were I was so lucky to find a room for 4 people. It was in a separate building behind the hotel but very new and large and clean and could have used all the hotel facilities. Amazing buffet breakfast! Parking not close to the hotel but still free. The hotel is in the center in a beautiful position!

Date of stay: July 2017