US$164
Hotel Europa(Varese)
US$93
US$81
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$141
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$109
Al Sei Rooms(Varese)
US$105
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Gps friendly to the front door. Car park conveniently just outside the back door of the room. Stayed 2 nights. Average size room, clean and comfortable, lots of cupboard space, fridge, air con, quiet location. Can not work the old fashion tv with the set top box. Frustrating. Tv needs updating to digital newer models. Restaurant overlooks the outdoor pool area. Pleasant surroundings with lots of greenery and rabbits in and out of the shrubs. Staff very pleasant and helpful who patiently assisted me to pay a toll fee on line. 10 min walk to Lago Di Varese. Included continental breakfast good wide selection and plentiful. I will stay here again for a stop over and a rest.

Room Tip: Rooms away from service areas
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2016

The hotel was outside of the town, so a long walk to the nearest village or a local taxi. We had booked for 3 nights at this hotel but left after only 2. The hotel is in need of a refurb, very dated. The fridge in our room didn't work and was in need of cleaning out, something black lurking at the bottom! Contents consisted of 2 bottles of warm water! Breakfast was poor, there were a couple of bowls of fruit with frothy bubbles surrounding the fruit, it looked like it was going off, not very appetising. We made do with some bread which would have been avoided if we had seen what happened to it later! A young girl sat on a seat writing something down but never actually spoke to us, we largely ignored. We watched the waiter grab a handful of bread before dumping it into a basket and serving it to guests. There was a swimming pool but we were told that as we hadn't booked the superior rooms (interesting to see what they were like!) we were told there was a charge of 10 euros per day for using it! Definitely not sorry to leave!

Room Tip: This hotel is not the best in the area so I cannot recommend a room
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2016

I spent 2 nights in this hotel (booked via Booking.com) and I was expecting more from this hotel. First of all, is a Hotel or Motel? The style reminds me to a Motel back to the 80s.... The rooms are very dark and dated, the TV still old ones and complicated to use, the breakfast was ok but nothing special (the bread I got on Sunday was from the day before) and the cappuccino from the machine was awful even if I must say that after I complained to the waiter, she made me a fresh one from the bar. Internet is good, the staff is friendly and you can park direct in the hotel parking area. Not sure if I can recommend it or not, there are better hotels in that area for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2015

I stayed for a weekend in August to attend a wedding. The weather was hot and sunny the whole time so having the swimming pool and the garden was absolutely perfect. It was actually a must!

The hotel itself is nice, the staff was quite friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms need renovation but the room was clean and there was a fridge which was very nice to have to keep some water cold and some other beverages. The internet was decent but you have to ask for a new code twice a day which is a bit annoying. The fitness room was absolutely embarrassing, I wouldn't even mention the fitness because having a few hand weights and some very few equipment doesn't really equal to be a fitness.

The breakfast was really good, varieties of cereal, bread, yogourt, fruits and some sweet stuff with eggs and bacon was something I liked. A good breakfast is very important to me.

The location is not ideal for people that want to be close to the city center but since we stayed only for 2 nights and had a car, that was not a problem for us. The hotel is really close to the lake and some very nice garden with an ice-cream shop in the neighborhood so the location for us was actually ideal, it was quiet and calm.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Relais sul Lago R, Responsabile reception at Relais sul Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Customer,
thanks for your stay, we're glad that the overall feeling you got is nice.
Regarding the wi-fi access we can provide several type of userIDs based on their time extension: normally we provide a 12 hours connection, that is the most used by our Customers.

Our location is on the Varese lake and just at 5 minute by car from the city center. In any case the public transports help to go the to center, in case you don't have availability of a car: the bus stop is 100 mt far from the hotel.

We look forward to see you again at Hotel Relais sul Lago.

Enrico
Reception Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

This hotel is not brand new, but is comfortable and quite clean.
The personnel is very kind, and ready to assist you for any need.
I tried the sauna, and even if it was later then the normal working hours, the receptionist kept the sauna Opened for me!! Very good. I had dinner at the restaurant: the salmon was good, the pasta with shrimps not so special. I would rate this hotel ad a 3 star, and a vote of 6,5 out of 10.. No bad, if you don't have big expectations don't miss it

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business