See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2016

My family and I were pleasantly surprised by the cleaness of the hotel and the good care of the staff. The food was tasty and we were surrounded by smiling people - Michael and his sister Linda, taking care of us - situation in which we felt very special. Thank you, guys ! You were awesome !

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2015

I was in this hotel from 10 July until 26 July 2015. I had chosen it because it had such a good rating on Tripadvisor. I can now confirm that they fully merit their rating.
It is a pleasant family hotel only some 200 m from the beach.
It is a hotel with mainly Italian guests (often children, parents, grandparents), and often I was in the evening the only foreigner.
The hotel is run by a young woman (Pamela), with the support of her parents and some staff.
I had an arrangement of half board and the meals in the evening were each day excellent.
I had a room with a balcony and a nice view on the sea.
There is a convivial atmosphere in the hotel.
I had hired a scooter to discover the region a bit. In the hinterland there are beautiful nature areas.
Genova is only 40 minutes away by train: also worthwhile visiting.
I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We were three couples visiting from Northern Europe and GB. The overall experience had been great. Even at the time we visited there was full-house the hotel owners were very warm, welcoming and fast to serve. Our bedrooms were big enough to serve our needs, clean, and not noisy at all which is a detail I have to mention since daily I needed some time to dedicate to a project i run back home. All other facilities are designed to fit whatever need might result. Whether you are a quietness-lover or a fine-dinning oriented traveler this hotel may award you with some great moments. Launch and dinner were excellent, especially I enjoyed the local menu and wine list. Liguria wines are great. My favorite moment though must surely had been smoking a good cigar at the hotel's garden. Just great! A very quiet garden decorated with trees, flowers and comfy sitting.

The hotel's location offers you a great walk towards and through the old town where you can find shops, cafès, and bars all the way down to the marina, a very impressive one.

The overall feeling is of a hotel that makes you feel welcoming from the first to the last moment of your stay, makes you feel you are part of a family. If you find yourself near Varazze or Savona do not hesitate to visit.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We were an austrian-italian-swedish group from Vienna, staying for nine days at the beginning of August.

Exterior: at the front, a spacious garden which could be even more lovely with a little bit of love and taste but nice anyway.

Interior: seventies-style and absolutely not my liking but after a few days I got used to it and found it adequate and genuine.

Rooms: pretty dated but rather clean and not to small. Bathrooms ok. The ones facing the garden/street are noisy, to the back/parking lot, quiet. Beware that there is at least one (single) room without balcony! Ours had a nice one where you even could get a glimpse of the sea. AC is 3 euros extra per day and highly recommended.

Food: great local dishes with different choices every day. The buffet of antipasti is not to be misses! Fantastic deserts! Breakfast of course only sweet things but that's the way it is in an authentic italian Hotel!

Staff: the service people in the restaurant couldn't have been lovelier and more caring! Very nice and attentive waitresses and we felt like family. The owners were also very helpful and they did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Location: not to near to the marina where you can find some nice bars and restaurants but close to the beaches and the center. Nicest free beach: Spiaggia Oratorio Don Bosco, Via Guglielmo Marconi at the bus stop/gas station.

Surroundings: Noli; really worth a visit! Genua; easy and fast trip by train. Sassello; authentic village in the inland, few tourists. Monte Beigua; a 1,287 m high peak with great views. Ugly but fascinating, the huge transmission antennas...

Conclusion: I would go there again but not in August. The prices are very reasonable and it's good value. I liked it because the hotel and also Varazze felt unaffected and truly Italian.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank MollyVienna_Austria
Reviewed 13 November 2011

When the whole town is closed by 9pm. This is the place to go. No other hotel even opened their doors. Quaint, hospitable atmosphere. Nice night staff. Continental breakfast provided in the morning. After check-out they allowed my daughter to stay and use the internet and finish her college homework. I appreciated it.

Date of stay: October 2011