See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during our stay in tropea. We felt as if we were staying with family. Such a "homey" experience. Loved it. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Location is perfect - in the heart of town and close to the beach. We will be back! A x

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Warning this is a long review because this place deserves a great deal of praise!
What an amazing trip we had in Tropea!!! Absolutely perfecto! Our trip was made was amazing thanks to the wonderful staff! 1 very sweet, intelligent and hard working girl named "frederica" really made the trip above and beyond perfect for us. She made restaurant recommendations and reservations for us. All if which were amazing! She spoke perfect English and several other languages I believe. She even taught my girlfriend a new phrase in Italian every morning over breakfast.
The room was clean and extremely charming. The bed was comfortable and the air con worked great! The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough with efficient uses of space. Frederica even had an electric socket converter she was kind enough to let us use free of charge our entire trip. The B&B also lent us beach towels free of rent and had discounted beach chairs and umbrellas located at a part of the beautiful tropean beach. I would disagree with it being 5 min from the center. Residenza Cardinale was in the center in my opinion. They will also rent Vespas for you if you ask. And a tip for finding B&B Residenza Cardinale it's not hard. You walk straight down the busiest Main Street (I forget the name now I apologize) and make the last right that you can. It's a small alley but you will see a sign on the right of the alley. Make your next right (also an even smaller alley) this is "vico saiace" the b&b will be a couple steps on your right. Or do yourself a huge favor and have them book a transfer for you. It's cheaper than getting a taxi on your own and their driver will take you directly to the door. This B&B only has 3 rooms. I consider myself extremely lucky to have stayed there. By far the best week in Europe I've had over this 2 month holiday.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrick s
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Rooms were small but well maintained and clean. If travelling be car it is a bit challenging to get to and be aware that rooms are up two flights of stairs. If you have lots of luggage it is a challenge. Staff Federica was helpful and friendly. A couple of small dogs on the floors below made it a bit noisy. Continental breakfast was warm, fresh and delicious. An evening snack was also a nice surprise.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Great place, just in the heart of the beautiful Tropea, famous village in front of Stromboli Vulcano.
Hospitality warm and full of care, the girls were very nice and helpful. Close by there is fantastic historic village, Pizzo Calabro, famous for being the residence of Napoleon Buonaparte brother in law and for the production of ice cream as the very well known "Tartufo ice cream".Thank you very much for the great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gio P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Residenza Cardinale is a little jewel right in the heart of Tropea. Room was very quiet and, like the bathroom, spotless.
Isabella and Kiara were 2 wonderful hostesses who made me feel like at home.
With the room you also get a free stay at the beach (umbrella + chairs), also you get a discount at nearby restaurants.
I highly recommend this B&B if you are planning to visit Tropea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo