See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Warning this is a long review because this place deserves a great deal of praise!
What an amazing trip we had in Tropea!!! Absolutely perfecto! Our trip was made was amazing thanks to the wonderful staff! 1 very sweet, intelligent and hard working girl named "frederica" really made the trip above and beyond perfect for us. She made restaurant recommendations and reservations for us. All if which were amazing! She spoke perfect English and several other languages I believe. She even taught my girlfriend a new phrase in Italian every morning over breakfast.
The room was clean and extremely charming. The bed was comfortable and the air con worked great! The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough with efficient uses of space. Frederica even had an electric socket converter she was kind enough to let us use free of charge our entire trip. The B&B also lent us beach towels free of rent and had discounted beach chairs and umbrellas located at a part of the beautiful tropean beach. I would disagree with it being 5 min from the center. Residenza Cardinale was in the center in my opinion. They will also rent Vespas for you if you ask. And a tip for finding B&B Residenza Cardinale it's not hard. You walk straight down the busiest Main Street (I forget the name now I apologize) and make the last right that you can. It's a small alley but you will see a sign on the right of the alley. Make your next right (also an even smaller alley) this is "vico saiace" the b&b will be a couple steps on your right. Or do yourself a huge favor and have them book a transfer for you. It's cheaper than getting a taxi on your own and their driver will take you directly to the door. This B&B only has 3 rooms. I consider myself extremely lucky to have stayed there. By far the best week in Europe I've had over this 2 month holiday.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrick s
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Rooms were small but well maintained and clean. If travelling be car it is a bit challenging to get to and be aware that rooms are up two flights of stairs. If you have lots of luggage it is a challenge. Staff Federica was helpful and friendly. A couple of small dogs on the floors below made it a bit noisy. Continental breakfast was warm, fresh and delicious. An evening snack was also a nice surprise.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Great place, just in the heart of the beautiful Tropea, famous village in front of Stromboli Vulcano.
Hospitality warm and full of care, the girls were very nice and helpful. Close by there is fantastic historic village, Pizzo Calabro, famous for being the residence of Napoleon Buonaparte brother in law and for the production of ice cream as the very well known "Tartufo ice cream".Thank you very much for the great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gio P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Residenza Cardinale is a little jewel right in the heart of Tropea. Room was very quiet and, like the bathroom, spotless.
Isabella and Kiara were 2 wonderful hostesses who made me feel like at home.
With the room you also get a free stay at the beach (umbrella + chairs), also you get a discount at nearby restaurants.
I highly recommend this B&B if you are planning to visit Tropea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I thought this B&B was very good for the price and Isabella was very helpful and accommodating. I had to change my arrival time a couple of times and she came in early to make sure I could drop off my luggage. It is a bit tricky to find the place since it is located deep in the narrow streets of Tropea. This, by the way, adds to the charm. Just print out a map and look for the signs with arrows on the side of the buildings. I will never forget opening my window in the morning and hearing a lady across the street say "buongiorno" to me. Breakfast was good and there was plenty to eat. The only problem I had was the light in the stairwell. I believe it is on a timer so when I came in at night, it was pitch black. I did not notice the tiny glowing light switch on the wall. This led to some comical relief for an older lady who lives in the building. She heard me falling "up" the stairs in the dark and came out to see what was going on. She proceeded to point to another light switch and then began to laugh as she patted me on the head as if I was her "not so smart" grandchild. And with a hug, she sent me up the stairs. Residenza Cardinale is a good place to stay and very close to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo