Villa Garden(Tropea)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$172
US$113
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Affittacamere Litto(Tropea)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$293
  • Free Breakfast
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Rooms were small but well maintained and clean. If travelling be car it is a bit challenging to get to and be aware that rooms are up two flights of stairs. If you have lots of luggage it is a challenge. Staff Federica was helpful and friendly. A couple of small dogs on the floors below made it a bit noisy. Continental breakfast was warm, fresh and delicious. An evening snack was also a nice surprise.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Great place, just in the heart of the beautiful Tropea, famous village in front of Stromboli Vulcano.
Hospitality warm and full of care, the girls were very nice and helpful. Close by there is fantastic historic village, Pizzo Calabro, famous for being the residence of Napoleon Buonaparte brother in law and for the production of ice cream as the very well known "Tartufo ice cream".Thank you very much for the great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gio P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Residenza Cardinale is a little jewel right in the heart of Tropea. Room was very quiet and, like the bathroom, spotless.
Isabella and Kiara were 2 wonderful hostesses who made me feel like at home.
With the room you also get a free stay at the beach (umbrella + chairs), also you get a discount at nearby restaurants.
I highly recommend this B&B if you are planning to visit Tropea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I thought this B&B was very good for the price and Isabella was very helpful and accommodating. I had to change my arrival time a couple of times and she came in early to make sure I could drop off my luggage. It is a bit tricky to find the place since it is located deep in the narrow streets of Tropea. This, by the way, adds to the charm. Just print out a map and look for the signs with arrows on the side of the buildings. I will never forget opening my window in the morning and hearing a lady across the street say "buongiorno" to me. Breakfast was good and there was plenty to eat. The only problem I had was the light in the stairwell. I believe it is on a timer so when I came in at night, it was pitch black. I did not notice the tiny glowing light switch on the wall. This led to some comical relief for an older lady who lives in the building. She heard me falling "up" the stairs in the dark and came out to see what was going on. She proceeded to point to another light switch and then began to laugh as she patted me on the head as if I was her "not so smart" grandchild. And with a hug, she sent me up the stairs. Residenza Cardinale is a good place to stay and very close to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sevinx
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Residenza Cardinale. The B&B is located in the core of Tropea, in a maze of alleys, a bit difficult to find. It is just a minute away from excellent restaurants and gelaterias and a mere 10 minute walk down the steps to a beautiful beach (the B&B arranged for an umbrella and chairs at one of the lidos).

Our room was spotlessly clean and well furnished, including with a safe, A/C, minibar, LCD TV, and a built-in seating area that was ideal to write postcards. Although it went off the reception area (which also served as the breakfast area in the mornings), we hardly ever heard the guests from the two other guest rooms.

We enjoyed our breakfast on our small balcony, listening to neighbors chatting with each other across the alley, watching the contractor right across from us getting ready for his daily jobs, and looking at the glimpses of the sea between rooftops. There were ample and good choices for breakfast, with just the orange juice disappointing a bit. Minibar prices were very good, without the usual overcharging of hotels. And Wifi was fast and reliable.

Overall, this is a nice little place for an authentic vacation in a beautiful city. There is little room for improvement. Maybe the driving and parking instructions could be made clearer. And some changes at the margin (like the orange juice or more flexible arrival times during mid-afternoon). We would recommend staying at Residenza Cardinale without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get the one room with a small balcony to enjoy breakfast outside every morning, instead of in the reception area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple