“Sorry to disagree with the majority ... but our experience here was awful! ”
Review of La Barcaccia

La Barcaccia
Ranked #38 of 187 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We may have been unlucky, but what we experienced tonight was absolutely unacceptable.

Yes, the service is fine and the location pleasant ... but the rest ...

Our starter of (3) figs and ham, also contained bruschetta of tomato. This consisted of a single slice of under ripe tomato on a badly made bruschetta. I’m afraid I fed it to my dog.

Our main courses were absolute shockers. My partner’s Gnocchi with meat sauce was light on sauce and the gnocchi grossly overcooked. My so called Strangozzi ai funghi porcini (mushroom pasta) was so over cooked it was almost inedible .. and I counted roughly 5 pieces of Porcini. I also fed most of it to my dog ... and left the rest.

As a 3 year resident of Spoleto it is deeply disappointing to write such a review ...but as this was meant to be my partner’s ‘end of holiday’ treat ... it turned out a massive disappointment.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Nice location in a quiet corner of Spoleto Just behind the fountain of Mercato square.
Simple menu with local typical food: don't miss the strangozzi pasta in Spoleto style.
Outstanding service at the table: they are reading in your mind your needs at the right time.
Very chip prices for the food dishes; adequate prices for the wines.
Everything in a family environment in real italian style.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Enjoy a wonderful lunch out on the deck. I suggest the fried zucchini to start. The lasagna is out of this world. You cannot go wrong with the pasta here.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a super family run restaurant in a quiet square in Spoleto. The service is friendly and the food is great! All is good value for money. We ate outside, but the restaurant is light and airy inside and beautifully decorated with posters of the Spoleto festival of music.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had lunch at la Barcaccia because it was recommended in our guide, which stated that the owner was fantastic, and that he would make us feel at home. Well, maybe they changed owner or he can not deal with a lot of people at the same time but I got a bad vibe from him. We had to wait for 10 minutes before anybody would acknowledge us (while there were empty tables). When we were finally seated, he never smiled and got impatient when asked questions about the menu. He tried to discourage my daughter to pick pasta with tuna, but she would not have it! He then tried to make it up by offering us a slice of watermelon, which was nice enough. The food was nice but nothing extraordinary.