“Truffle Truffle Truffle”

Price range: US$23 - US$57
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The dishes we offer are the result of our passion and our love to the kitchen and to the good things that this earth knows us. We start from a basic product that is oil, we use only oil of our production (NB olive oil is also used for frying) for beef and veal we rely on local butchers which they use exclusively animals raised in the wild. The meat of lamb come from our mountains of Campello, animals are bred and raised in the open countryside and fed exclusively on organic products by the shepherds who also provide us with cottage cheese and cheese. The meat is cooked in a wood-burning fireplace and exclusively use wood of oak and olive. The vegetables are almost all of our production, the rest come from gardeners of the place (they do not use chemical fertilizers). For wines we have a good selection of local producers of whom we know the reliability and experience in the wine industry. The pasta is almost all of our production, we have women who every morning preparing the dough rolled out by hand. The truffle is harvested by local quarrymen in our woods with the help of the dog and allowed only at certain times. The meats are all aged in our warehouses at an altitude of 650 m above sea level, and they are all locally produced.
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

If you are a lover of Truffle this is the place for you. You have the choice on every menu item to have shaved truffle or truffle sauce.
My partner is gluten intolerant so they made the largest & best omelette I’ve ever tasted.
It’s totally out of the way up a long scenic winding country road with nearly no traffic. Well worth the effort.
The best way to find this is via their web site directions.
Plenty of parking & panoramic views

Reviewed 19 September 2018

This old family owned (maybe 3 generation) restaurant provides excellent plates, very helpful service both inside the large dining room as well as outside on the garden patio-terrace.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

If you get the opportunity to explore the region around Spoleto, you must stop at Le Casaline. Our hotel recommended we go right down the road to experience this special place. My wife and I ordered the very reasonable tasting menu. Think it was 7 courses for 35 Euros. The combination of the fresh spaghetti with freshly shaved truffles, accompanied by the ravioli with the pine nut and saffron sauce delivered a truly exquisite culinary experience. I was in food heaven. The other courses were equally spectacular and our children thoroughly enjoyed their choices as well. The atmosphere was wonderful, some small tasting items compliments of the chef came out on a number of occasions and when I ordered a grappa to finish the meal, they simply put 3 bottles on the table and let me choose which one I wanted. Such a special dinner, so please go!

1  Thank asvitale7
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I ate here several times, from romantic dinners to pantagruelian Easter lunches, and I was never deceived neither in taste nor in quality of the food. delicious appetizers are paving the way to great pasta plates, fresh vegatables and carefully cooked meat. Le Casaline is a family-run business, so it might happen the youngest granddaughter of Benedetto, the owner, comes at the table offering you fresh tomatoes from the vegetable garden behind... Just lovely!

1  Thank Hexe2121
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Old friends were visiting me in Silvignano for the weekend. We decided to try this local restaurant when it was too late to go elsewhere. What an incredible surprise! Not only was the decor lovely (we thought we were walking into a traditional Umbrian wedding reception), but our three completely different entrees were all incredible and very reasonably priced. The wild boar stew in particular was rich and wonderful, and the service was impeccable. Highly recommended. I will return often during my stay here while on sabbatical! Well worth the drive from Campello sul Clitunno, Spoleto, or Trevi. Don't miss it!