US$85
  • Free Internet
L'Orchidee(Rochehaut)
US$91
TripAdvisor
All reviewsauberge de lasemois riverscenic viewbouillonfermeregionvillagebelgiumstop
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Just a wonderful little town to base out of for any adventures in the region. The hotel offers fantastic duplex accomodation options as well as a range of capabilities including jacuzzi baths, walk in showers and gorgeous large beds.

The hotel itself is plush with a fantastic bar and amazing restaurant which arguably is very close to being Michelin starred and so the five or six course is a steal at €60 and €75 respectively.

A must if you are in this area!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2015

This hotel is located in a quiet village of the Ardennes (Belgium) and the hotel is quite a big part of the village as they have refurbished many different buildings.

The rooms:
There are different type of rooms (probably depending on the budget) that go from small with a little bathroom with shower to huge with a big jacuzzi & rain shower with neon lights,.. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and they offer you samples of locally made toiletries made out of donkey milk. Every room I saw (we stayed there on a professional seminar) had a television and sufficient power sockets as well as a mini bar. The only downside I experienced in my room was that it was really hot outside and as there was no air conditioning it was quite hot inside too. I had a few windows in the room so I opened them all and after half an hour or so it got better.

The restaurant:
The food was divine! I don't know what more there is to say. I discovered new dishes I had never eaten (I didn't know you could make an excellent dessert out of potatoes f.e.). The breakfast buffet was rich, the lunch and dinner were made out of local food and were so good that I'm sure I've gained some weight but I couldn't stop eating. There's enough on the plate too and the wine were tasty and well coupled with the various dishes we had. If you're in the area it's definitely a good idea to at least come and eat something here.

Various:
There is a nice little lounge/bar next to the reception were you can buy one of the various drinks they serve at the bar and you get free wi-fi access in the main building. We also did a wine-tasting in their cellar. It was, once again, really good and their ham was fabulous. The surroundings are nice (there's a beautiful scenic view point on the valley of the Semois river just around the corner of the main building)

I can definitely imagine that I'll go back there for a nice weekend or so.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kwenaz
Reviewed 5 August 2015

The hotel is located in a beautiful location. The rooms are well appointed. The hotel restaurant offers quality dishes with local products. Wine lovers will be delighted. Breakfast is excellent, varied and tasty. In short, the ideal place both for a professional seminar for a romantic getaway or family vacation.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank FDS75
Reviewed 6 May 2015

If you are looking for relaxing break away from your busy everyday life or if you are just passing through the region, you have found the right place! This quaint 3 star hotel will offer you all the comfort you need and then some. The rooms are super clean, spacious, comfy, modern and quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And the food out of this world! From the breakfast buffet to the lunch and dinner options, rest assured that you will not be hungry while staying here. The hotel has 2 restaurants, a bakery, and a "terroir" store that offers all the artisanal goodies you cannot miss while in the area. But prepare to gain weight! Chef Michel Boreux is very creative but also generous. The portions are HUGE! You must try the locally brewed beer, the cuvée de Rochehaut, or the aperitif de la ferme.

The modern room we had had all the bells and whistles you can dream of, including a jacuzzi and a spacious rain shower as well as all a sampling of locally made toiletries. And it was clean clean clean!

The hotel offers a daily train service to their huge private animal park. A great activity to do if you have children or just want to completely disconnect from this world!

The setting and surroundings of the hotel are breathtaking. Be sure to go see the Frahan scenic view point a couple of feet from the hotel where you will see the glorious Semois river.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 21 April 2015

We visited Auberge de la Ferme in April 2015 (during Easter). We booked our stay online and I must admit that the price for our stay seemed low. That’s why I called them before I confirmed the booking if the price was correct (I also said the age of our children). The hotel confirmed this. When we arrived at the hotel they said we had not given the correct age of our children so the price of the room was going to be higher. Ok I said if this is true I will of course pay the correct price. Checking my confirmation of my reservation I noticed that indeed I had put the correct age of our children, and I also showed them a “dummy” reservation (on my I-Pad) of the same number of nights , showing again that I was correct and if the price was not correct the problem must be in their booking system. The hotel said they were going to check what had happened, but stupid me informed them about the fault in their system which they immediately corrected. It is not about the price really (even if an honest person would say, “there is a problem with our booking site, but of course you will pay the rate given in the confirmation even if it is to low”), but the fact that they admit to me (on the phone almost a week after) that yes there was a problem with the booking system (but hey we don't do anything about this) and on arrival accused me of doing a mistake even if I have proof of the opposite. This is dishonest, and then it does not help that the food and hotel was very good actually. I read another review that the Auberge de la Ferme has become too commercialized. This seems to be true. Stay away they don’t deserve your money.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family