This hotel is about service and details, rather than about some extraordinary facilities and interiors. Lots of staff, and it is very effective and is found around every corner, ready to help. Everyone was fully competent about all possible issues, so we never were "redirected", getting assistance on spot and immediately. I appreciate it as the genuine feature of the five stars hotel. The atmosphere and service is more like "home" rather than pompeous and luxury. Whatever we needed was available, there was no single moment when we would say - "oh, we wish they also had this". For instance, the room was very conviniet - we had park suite with the spacious terrace with view and two bathrooms - one with tub + shower cabin, another - toilet with washbasin. It was convinient. Room was cleaned twice a day. Bed was comfortable, though unfortunately double bed was composed of two materasses. However, the linen and covers were very nice, so the sleep was good. We had HB, and never regretted - the dinners were top - various, beautyfully presented and very fresh, with the hint of haute cousine. Apart from menu, they also have unlimited buffet of salads, cheese and fruits. The choice is of starter/first/second/dessert is and is represented with 3 - fish/meat/vegetarian - options. Sometimes we found portions too small, and in these cases they provided second portions or portions of other options or even once cooked a huge steak, without any supplement to the price. For a birthday occasion they presented us a very nice cake. We never went to their Michelin restaurant, mostly because we were happy with the main restaurant. Breakfasts - immaculate, have everything one can only imagine with variety, and in spite that we were coming in the last half an hour, full refilled and fresh choice was always available. I used beauty spa for back massage 3 times and was happy with the provided massage - I found it very professional as the pains I had have disappeared already after the first time. The pool is awesome - I think it is their main attraction. Water is warm, so it is possible to swim or just sit in it even with the cold weather and feels very comfortable, and look at the beautyful mountain scenery. The spa areas have towels everywhere to take, hot drinks, water heated relax beds and in general are very calm. Separately, the surrounding area is very nice - there are lots of options for hiking of all levels, as there are 3 lifts around. With car the neighbour valleys are within 30-50 minutes ride, so it is also very interesting. We used bar, parking, advises on trips - everything was very effective and convinient. The price is not cheap! But it worths it, as even 5-6 nights stay relax you perfectly, both physically and psychically. Thanks and will come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Winter or summer, the majestic Dolomites Range, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage since 2009, is one of the world's most beautiful, and the Alpenroyal, nestled in the scenic Val Gardena, is a memorable place from which to take it all in. For cold-weather aficionados, te hotel has ski-in, ski-out facilities, as well as a sauna, steam rooms and treatments at the Eghes Beauty Spa to soothe aching muscles. Warm-weather guests can explore the stunning natural setting along a myriad of hiking trails or swim in the 1.500-square-eter alpine lake framed by the Dolomites' pale limestone peaks. For the ultimate in relaxation, book one of the hotel's suites, which come with Jacuzzis and privat steam-bath showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet And Spa
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet Selva Di Val Gardena
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa Val Gardena/Selva Di Val Gardena, Italy