See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel for a real welcoming Italian experience which offers good value for both accommodation and meals. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is 5/10 minutes easy walk from the centre. Free and easy parking. WiFi and aircon both work well. Although breakfast is basic there is a good restaurant available for lunch or dinner. English speaking staff. We stayed here 10 days and had a delightful experience. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017

With a party for a conference party on Luca Pacioli (Father of Accounting) and we hardly had much time at the hotel - however it was a cool place in the late evening and the staff were very friendly and many spoke English and when they did not they were sure to make sure that your question was answered. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. Our room had a balcony but no time to use it. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the library and museums in the old medieval once walled town and there is a Farmacia just across the road. The best features were the elegance of the hotel where they make their own very special olive oil and have a fine cellar for Tuscany wine. Also liked the cross bows on display and learning of the history of the family skills at this traditional form of archery and the fact that the hotel has been in the hands of the same family for several generations. They do have laundry service and it was good and not expensive.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor proved to provide easy access,
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2016

After my four hour drive up from Rome, it was easy to find the Balestra.
An outstandingly friendly receptionist, provided me with a key to a room on the second floor. The room was larger than expected with a well appointed bathroom and everything was spotless.
Although there is a restaurant, I cannot say anything about that as I was eating that evening at the home of my client. What I can say is that it looked beautifully presented and I am sure it would have been very good.
After a comfortable night, I enjoyed an excellent breakfast before moving on.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Our group stayed at the hotel during 1 week, and everybody were very pleased by the comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We felt really welcomed, the whole impression was very good. Breakfast always was tasty, with different meals, and trays were replenished all the time we were eating. Additional advantage is a location within 10 minutes walk from historical center of Sansepolcro, so you can visit there whenever you want. My next trip to Tuscany I'll try to book this hotel again, as to me it is recommendable place also for its good proportion between price and level of service.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2014

At our arrival we were personally welcomed by the manager of the restaurant who escorted us to the table. The restaurant is designed in a typical Italian way, very well maintained and with attention to all details.
The menu card offered us a wide variety of local and regional products, with a large choice of very good wines, all at very acceptable prices.
We went for a 3-course menu and a dessert, with a regional white and red wine.
We witnessed at each of the 3 courses a very high quality and an excellent discrete service to our table, checking and ensuring everything was meeting our expectations.
We definitely recommend La Balestra to everyone who's staying in the region of Sansepolcro, even when you're passing by toward your final destination.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple