“Lovely stop over.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Balestra
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sansepolcro
Reviewed 5 December 2016

After my four hour drive up from Rome, it was easy to find the Balestra.
An outstandingly friendly receptionist, provided me with a key to a room on the second floor. The room was larger than expected with a well appointed bathroom and everything was spotless.
Although there is a restaurant, I cannot say anything about that as I was eating that evening at the home of my client. What I can say is that it looked beautifully presented and I am sure it would have been very good.
After a comfortable night, I enjoyed an excellent breakfast before moving on.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Our group stayed at the hotel during 1 week, and everybody were very pleased by the comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We felt really welcomed, the whole impression was very good. Breakfast always was tasty, with different meals, and trays were replenished all the time we were eating. Additional advantage is a location within 10 minutes walk from historical center of Sansepolcro, so you can visit there whenever you want. My next trip to Tuscany I'll try to book this hotel again, as to me it is recommendable place also for its good proportion between price and level of service.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2014

At our arrival we were personally welcomed by the manager of the restaurant who escorted us to the table. The restaurant is designed in a typical Italian way, very well maintained and with attention to all details.
The menu card offered us a wide variety of local and regional products, with a large choice of very good wines, all at very acceptable prices.
We went for a 3-course menu and a dessert, with a regional white and red wine.
We witnessed at each of the 3 courses a very high quality and an excellent discrete service to our table, checking and ensuring everything was meeting our expectations.
We definitely recommend La Balestra to everyone who's staying in the region of Sansepolcro, even when you're passing by toward your final destination.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc M
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Have been staying in this hotel for the last 5 years. I go to Sansepolcro about 4 times a year and would not dream of changing the hotel for any other in the area. I would miss their restaurant to much and their helpful staff, especially elegant Mario Tricca,Monica and the rest. Thank you for making me always welcomed and at home during my stay.

Dennis Dowling
Malta

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dennis D
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night of 06/03/2013. I booked in advance and arrived there at around 14.30. Checked in and got given a room in the third floor, as the lift opened the door the room was right next to it on the right hand side. I thought the noise of the lift would bother me, which indeed you could hear it, the positive side of it was that in the third floor there is only one more room so the use of the lift is not that often. The main problem I encountered was the noise of the water running through the pipes for the heating. This was very loud and it felt like having a tap of water opened with the water running continuously, in fact it woke me up early in the morning. Also the room faces the road with quite a lot of traffic so that doesn't help either. The bathroom was sparkling clean but I did not like at all the shower. The shower box is not very big (I am quite small frame) but the problem is that the water came with such strong pressure that was almost too much as you couldn't open the shower head to give a more gentle sort of rain. Also there were two taps so it was hard to find the right temperature of the water, it was boiling hot! The same was the room, I have to say that it was very cold outside but the temperature in the room was too hot. I come often to Sansepolcro, I don't know if I'll come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business