“Brilliant hotel”

Hotel Villa Miravalle
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Reviewed 18 September 2017

What a wonderful hotel, from the moment we arrived to the day we checked out we were well looked after. We had originally booked one of the prestige rooms with lake view but were very pleased to hear that we had been upgraded to a suite when we checked in. The room was very comfortable with my only slight criticism being the lack of places to put your unpacked clothes. The hotel has an excellent location with only a short walk into the town and with the added bonus of on site parking. Breakfasts were excellent with a good choice of fresh fruits, meats, cheese, eggs and all things sweet and although self service, the waiting staff were always on hand to help and clear tables. We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening, which given the number of occupied tables, must be popular with non residents too so would strongly advise booking in advance. The food in the restaurant was very good and very much of a modern European style, making the most of local produce, fine dining but without the high price tag associated with it. Will we go back, yes definitely - when's the next flight?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Just spent a great time (three nights) on a stopover at the hotel Villa Miravalle!

The hotel deserves the name "Villa" because it feels like one!
Very private and romantic setting. While the room was rather spartanic, it was very clean.

The best of course was the service we received, especially from the "Colombian crew"! They went out of their way to service and please us. They provided genuine hospitality!

We most certainly will be back and already look forward to the occasion!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Spent 5 days here in August after 2 days in Verona. Great location as it is just a short stroll downhill into the resort. It is a 3* hotel and the rooms reflect this but spotlessly clean but no balcony and my shower so small I could barely turn round. But lets face not a lot of time spent in the room. The pool is lovely and quiet and I found never more than 6 people out there. It might be a 3* hotel but the food is 5*. Ate there the first night and was stunned by the quality of food, you must eat there at least once.
The staff extremely nice and helpful and cant do enough for you.
I would certainly come back here but opt for a balcony room where there would be an amazing view of the Lake.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony out front.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We first stayed at the Hotel Villa Miravalle in 2015; it was the longest stop of our driving holiday through Europe and we loved it so much, we returned again this year. We had a 6 night stay early August. We had contacted the hotel beforehand to ask if it would be possible to have the same room, and they graciously obliged. There are many things about the place that I love - the location is great, just on the edge of the old town but near enough for a short stroll to the harbor and all the facilities of Riva. The communal areas such as reception, the bar area and the terrace are very tastefully appointed. The terrace particularly is a beautiful place to sit on a morning or evening, enjoying a drink or having breakfast. One of the nicest parts of the hotel is the excellent pool area - the pool is impeccably clean and there are plenty of sun loungers arranged around the garden area to make the most of the beautiful Italian weather. Our room was large, with an excellent terrace appointed with table and chairs and sun beds. We could see the lake over the old rooftops - I believe the rooms on the higher floors probably afford a better view, but to be fair all of Riva is glorious and you get a grand view from most aspects no matter where you are. The other thing I absolutely love about the Miravalle though are the wonderful staff and the fantastic food from their restaurant. The waiters are polite, good humoured and very knowledgeable regarding the content of the menu. Service is excellent. We ate twice during our visit and we could not fault anything. The Miravalle management should be very proud of their staff throughout the hotel - everyone was pleasant, helpful and accommodating and having traveled a lot through Europe the last few years, this really does make a difference to how you enjoy your stay. So basically - despite reading a few comments on Trip Adviser here that seem unnecessarily unkind and petty - I would recommend the Villa Miravalle to anyone who wanted a relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Garda.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Booked double room with lake view on trip advisor ! All confirmed I then got a phone call a day later saying been a mistake and room room now not free but I could upgrade to a suite with aake view for 300 euros after a long drive from Venice we were taken to our so called suite with a lake view funny as it was down stairs when the door was opened we had a twin room overlooking a dirty pool ! They said that was there best suite !! Then when I asked to leave and not be charged the receptionist threatens to call police ! Will never recommend this hotel to anyone and will also follow on all review sites to put my point across !!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Michele M, Direttore at Hotel Villa Miravalle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hello,
I'm having difficulty answer this review, since it seems surreal to me.
I am used to welcome all constructive comments and keep calm and patience even for oversized requests or complaints, but in this case it is really hard.
Let's overlook the fact that you complain about an upgrade that it would have been welcome to any other guests.
At a significantly lower price, in fact, we booked for you one of our brand new design suites with many more comforts and very much appreciated by all our guests.
But that's not what is important right now. I do care the way you were to my crew, to the other guests and also with your girlfriend (but that's your business).
You came into the hotel madly ranting and your sense it was verbally rough to put the front desk girl in difficulty that she has even thought about the possibility to call the security (never happened in this hotel before and like all the hotel owners, I assure you, we all have seeing plenty of...).
Not happy about the unpleasant “little drama” implemented at the front desk, you decided to doughnuts in our parking area with your car, “taking off” so fast to risk to run over anyone nearby.
Luckily there was no one.
And luckily we never see each other again.
I have never seen so much rudness and unjustified anger.