All reviews city centre walking distance free parking fair price shopping and restaurants nice stay public areas excellent location beautiful park comfortable room business trip old city reggio theatre status study espresso
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has free parking. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is decent.

The rooms were of a decent size and well maintained. Clean and comfortable.

I would go back again if I had work in this area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sgolyan
Roberto A, General Manager at Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We were at this hotel as a group of business travelers. The rooms of all others were a little bit outdated and not as clean as you expect at a 4 star hotel.
My room was in terrible condition and it had a viwe to walls and a roof, instead to the park as advertized. When leaning out of the window I could see a bit of the park.
When I've opende the wardrobe door it fell on me and hit me at shoulder and head. Most srews were missing and some were now laying on the floor. The screws stayed on the floor as well as the toe nails from a previous guest until I've checked out. My experience is, they did not vaccum clean this room before and during my 3 day stay.
The wardrobe was fixed on day to as well as the telefone. The non-functional air condition was not fixed although one of the front desk staff has checked it. At first and again at check-out they blamed me for the non-functioning aircondition because it doesn't work it the window is open. Well it was checked and a failure was confirmed.
The bathroom was clean and in good shape, expect for a loose metal bar on the floor at the entrance.
After fixing the wardrobe I've found a small bottle of liquor in my room to compensate for the unconvenience. The cardboard package of the bottle and the bottle itself were previously opened. No a nice guesture!
At check-out I payed my bill and the man behind the counter started to make fun of what happened to me in this room. I was not happy about his attitude and I told him that. As a consequence He refused to hand out the final receipt and he refused to call a taxi.
Neither from a 4 four star hotel nor from a Mercure would I expect any of these things.

Room tip: before you book, check on the web what happens in the nearby park at night
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rages_64
Roberto A, General Manager at Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

If you travel by car this hotel is perfect choice. It has a lot of parking available free (outside) and with a low fare (indoor). It is right by the park and the city centre (where you can't go by car). Some rooms have been recently restored with a stylish look.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Roberto A, General Manager at Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Mercure quality, with comfortable room and bed. Shower could be improved with handrails for people with minor disabilities (and the elderly). Great breakfast except for the 25 minutes we waited for the hot selection to be replenished at 9.30am when it was not busy.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Roberto A, General Manager at Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Good morning, thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I have been here before it wasn’t so bad
My last visit was not fun at all
The place is falling apart from beds to showers to breakfast just terrible
You can hear the mattress springs if you try to turn. The pillows are hard as rocks the shower is unreal it takes 15 minuets to adjust water in the shower it’s either to cold or too hot and when you try to adjust it takes forever before you feel the change
Breakfast is blow average but the thing that struck me the most is how beautiful is the location and how horrible is the hotel
It should close and get s good renovation top to bottom

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Roberto A, General Manager at Mercure Reggio Emilia Centro Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018