Villa Rigacci(Reggello)
US$147
US$143
Fattoria degli Usignoli(San Donato Fronzano)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$159
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Al Poggio(Reggello)
B&B.it
All reviewseggsthe ownerolive treesfood and winepastafarm animalswhole familyhome cookedbeautiful poolevery directionsurrounding areaexceeded our expectationscourse dinnerrooms are largegreat hospitalityamazing placedavid
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My husband, father and mother-in-law, and I stayed at Agriturismo Savernano for 6 nights in September 2012 and thought we had died and gone to heaven!! This is a truly beautiful place, from the house, the gardens, and the pool. You are sitting on top of a mountain and have a view of the beautiful vineyards and the valley below. Then turn another way and there are even taller mountains behind you. It was gorgeous! As others have indicated, the road up is steep with very tight curves, but worth the drive once you are there. We found ourselves coming back each afternoon, after a day of sightseeing, to catch some sun, take a swim, or relax and read a book by the pool. All four of us agreed that we would love to come back and stay again and would definitely recommend it to our friends.

Breakfast on the patio in the morning was a feast, but dinner in the evening was unbelievable. David's wife is an amazing cook and we never had the same meal twice in the 6 days we were there. Why go out for dinner, when you can have a gourmet dinner with dessert, drink as much as you want, and not have to drive! My only suggestion is to make sure you bring some mosquito repellant as there were a few of us who attracted those hungry pesky bugs. Savernano is classic Tuscany, and David and his family are fantastic hosts.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathiRicky
Reviewed 20 November 2012

on July 2012 we spent 4 nights in Saverano Agriturismo . we had the best experience: the atmosphere, the food, the view, the location, the rooms, but above all was the hospitality of david and his family - the good advices we got of many subjects of how to travel in toscuny. all of these made our vacation a dream. we certainly will recomend this place to our friens and surely meet again.
Eran Levi and family, ISRAEL

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at Agriturismo Savernano for 5 nights in September and can't wait to return some day!
If you want a truly, authentic Tuscan experience then you must stay here! David and his family make you feel at home the minute you arrive. The house has been completely restored. The guest rooms are large and beautifully decorated. And did I mention the view?? You won't believe what you're seeing, mountains and vineyards everywhere!
You can have your breakfast on the porch and soak up the scenery as you partake in a fantastic buffet . A large pool awaits you when you return from an exhausting day sightseeing. And last but not least, this is a farm so they do have farm animals! Exotic birds are housed in various cages, a donkey and horse graze on the hay, and sheep are found on the hillside. All in all this an experience we will never forget!

Room Tip: Every room in the house is wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mgrieves
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in Sept 2012. We were traveling through Italy for almost a month, and this is the best place we stayed. The room was huge, the grounds are immaculate, and the service is above and beyond. David and his family run this amazing place. We met the whole family, who are friendly and always ready to help with whatever they can.

They offer a full breakfast everyday, and if you book that morning a supper at a minimal charge. We thought we would eat there one night, then try other places. Well David's wife is an amazing cook, and we ate there every night, except the Thursday, which is the only night they take off from serving others.

The views are spectacular, and every morning we would sit on the terrace, and plan our day. David was always around to give any suggestions and help plan. I cannot say enough about this place. I would recommend it to anyone. You must have a car to get there, or it would be more difficult, but we found the driving in Tuscany easy.

Florence is only 40 min away, and you can catch a train nearby, if you don't want to drive in the city. Which is what I would recommend. Driving in the cities is much more difficult. We drove to a few of the small towns around the countryside, and we did get lost. As I said to my husband, who was getting stressed about being lost in the country, the views are amazing, and what better place to get lost in. We loved every moment of our time in Tuscany, and this beautiful Agriturismo. The only suggestion I would give anyone, is to try and arrive in the daylight for the first visit. The road up to the place is steep, and very curvy, and would be better to do the first time in the daylight hours.

I have read a couple of reviews that talked about the drive to the hotel being very stressful. I am probably the worst backseat driver ever, and a very nervous passenger. If I can handle it, anyone can.

Room Tip: Our room was number 7, which is on the back of the hotel. It was quiet, and the views out the back door amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at Savernano for a week in September. My wife and I, and our 8 month daughter. It was our first trip with out little girl and we've previously travelled quite a lot and so were looking to combine the best of both worlds. Everything everyone says is true, the house, the location, the food and wine, and the owners are all really wonderful, but a few extra points for anyone wanting to travel with a young baby or child.

Things that worked well for us:
- We got a room in the main house and they provided an excellent cot in our room.
- It was quiet and cool in the evening (air con and we went in September) so our daughter slept well every night which was good as we were concerned the other guests would hear her (if your baby cries in the night, maybe not great)
- Our baby monitor worked from the room to the patio outside so we were able to put her to bed each night and then go down for dinner (home made food and chianti were excellent and great value) and chat to the other guests before going back to the room.
- We just had a shower in the room, but it was huge and I was able to bath our daughter in a small blow up paddling pool we brought.
- House/land/pool are great for kids
- You can't walk anywhere from the house really with a baby/child but on the 2 days we stayed around the house to relax, we went to Reggello for lunch which is a 5min drive and ate in Osteria Masaccio and then Pizzeria Stagnino, which were both great
- no baby high chair, we brought a seat harness which we used
- Italians embrace kids and we felt welcome wherever we went

Absolutely fantastic overall, can see us going back which is something we've never done before on holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family