All reviews lack of air con good sized swimming pool great location stunning views amalfi coast valley square terrace
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Revello tends to be very exclusive and expensive to stay in a hotel and Residence Le Villette let's you stay here affordably. Alot of people come for the day and leave in the late afternoon so it is wonderful to enjoy Revello with the locals at night. This apartment is a bit basic but fully equipped and very clean. There is a pool with a lovely view of the mountains and Valley and also a lovely balcony or terrace. It's a very unusual complex and from the lower road it is very hard to spot. We were thankful we had a car and driver. There was free wifi. Loved that. Remember it is a very basic apartment in a lovely setting in a very special village. I would stay here again but planning something a bit different in Maiori this June. But I do love Revello and look forward to a day visit in June.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank G. A
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Sadly, this is not a place I would return to in a hurry. It has so much potential, but is dated and definitely needs a good scrub. The woman who met us and checked us in was nice enough, but not incredibly helpful/able to get us acquainted with the area. We were travelling with a baby, so not having access to a kettle and microwave made meal times/bottles difficult. The gas stove and fridge were temperamental, and I wouldn't say that the kitchen was very well kitted out. It was all just hard work to be honest. Having said all that, the place is in a great location in Ravello, easy to get to by car, with a few (very small) parking spots, and close to the central piazza (3 mins walk!).

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I usually do not write reviews as I am a believer in you get what you pay for and you can always make the most of any holiday. This is a business and someone's livelihood however upon arriving at this hotel at 6pm after travelling since 4am I could have burst into tears. I am nearly 6 months pregnant and my husband and I were travelling with a 2 year old. We had hired a car and drove from Rome to Ravello, the sat Nav took us to the rear of the building. There are no signs for reception or directions. We located lifts and stairs and made it up three levels, no one was around. We called the number on the booking confirmation and a female met us and showed us to our apartment. We were not shown to reception but were expected to make our way there to pay our tourist taxes at the end of our stay. Upon seeing the apartment and looking around I was devastated. To say it is basic is an understatement. The decor is extremely dated and not in a quirky way in keeping with the area. The bedding was stained and there was no toilet paper, not even one roll. The apartment was extremely clean I will say that. The location of the apartment was perfect for where we needed to be (we were attending a wedding) sadly this did not even come close to justifying the price we paid for a 3 night stay. The photographs are out of date and do not accurately reflect the actual accommodations state presently. The lady who met us was kind enough to change the sheets when I explained they were stained, although this was after she stated this was soap and I had to protest it didn't look like soap. She also was kind enough to iron my husband and young sons wedding outfits as another guest had the iron and could not located to retrieve this during our stay. In the 4 days we were there our room was not cleaned once nor were the sheets or towels changed. There is no air conditioning in the apartment only heating. Sleep was impossible as the heat was unbearable. There is a pool and a large sun terrace, and I imagine this goes towards this having been rated at 4 star however it is not manned nor are the floors cleaned. If you are elderly, have limited mobility, travelling with small children or even expecting a hint of luxury then you will be disappointed as this hotel is not for you. The lifts (2 required to get to our floor) don't operate after a certain time and there are a lot of stairs to navigate as well as numerous doors needing key access. I understand this is for safety however the building backs onto a badly lit lane. It was my first time visiting the amalfi coast and within minutes of arriving I wanted to change hotels. We booked through booking.com who in my opinion are the worst. The hotels rates changed daily and I sent over 15 emails regarding them taking more money out of my account than was stated on the confirmation. This should have been a sign of what was to come. I tried to pre-arrange parking and was told this was limited and not guaranteed. However I could park elsewhere for €15 a day, this was not ideal at all. In my personal opinion this was not even close to 4 star accommodation.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank Ciccios_Mammy15
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

When I first arrived here I was satisfied with the apartment which was quite simple (but so are all the other hotels along this coast) but clean with comfortable beds.

The staff were freindly and the pool was in a good spot along with this there is only a 1 minute maybe less walk into the beautiful town of ravello and if you want to go to one of the crystal clear beaches (I would recommend castigglione which is the stop before atrani and two stops before amalfi) there is a bus down the mountain to all the best ones

The only thing that I would say about this place is that there is no air conditioning but if you are smart you will use the shutters on the windows to keep your house cool during the day so you can sleep at night

Overall I'd give residence la villette a 4/5 this is because on the first night it was challenging to sleep because of the lack of air con but after being there a day I worked it out Also the tv is quite small.

Yours sincerely Richard fiddler

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank zX47dfgtr
Reviewed 29 June 2016

If you are middle aged and from UK, Germany, USA or Nordic then simply just avoid this place as it is not up to any reasonable standard for us discerning types.

No fan or aircon
Grotty outside/public areas
Ultra basic interior
Nasty beds and pillows
No sound insulation: listen to your neighbours weeing and marvel at their capacity for storing bodily fluids.
Parking is terribly tight, you risk damage to hire cars by using it.

We took a punt on 3 cheap nights but left after 2. We got what we paid for in relation to the other hotels in Ravello. Ravello itself is lovely and not too touristy at all and with a few great restaurants.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: June 2016