All reviewsinfinity poolpool restaurantcomplimentary boat trippiano baramalfi coastrose petalsconcierge staffbeautiful hotelprivate gardenpool sidecomplimentary shuttlepool staffexceptional hotelbucket listout of this worldbest pizzaour honeymoon
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Best pizza and pasta ever had. Good waiters specially Nisola and Mario. View is so breathtaking. Room is so beautiful. I advise to go for relaxing. Friendly staff. I will come back aagain for sure. Room had a huge balcony with very nice view.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your beautiful review on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso with our friendly staff, the beautiful accommodation and the stunning views and that you consider our pizza and pasta the best you have ever had.

Did you have the possibility to take the two-hour boat trip and to use our shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano included in the room price? If not, I highly recommend it for your next stay.

Warm regards from the entire team, especially from Nicola and Mario,

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I was here with friends for a wedding, the staff were fantastic, the facilities too much and the views of the coast and gardens breath taking.

The bride and groom stayed here during the time we was there and they have told me it was worth the money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mok_miah
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear mok_miah,

On behalf of my entire team I thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to hear that your friends' wedding was such an amazing experience and that you appreciated not only the spectacular views and our beautiful gardens, but also our fantastic staff and our facilities.

I’m delighted to hear that the bride and groom also enjoyed Belmond Hotel Caruso.

I would be pleased to welcome you back soon to Ravello.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Hotel Caruso is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is amazing. We had our daughter's wedding on the lawn at the hotel and it was more perfect than what I could had ever imagined. Staff is attentive and worked well with our wedding planner and vendors. The rooms are gorgeous! The staff was equally helpful to us during our stay and day of the wedding. Truly, one of the most beautiful places and hotels where I have stayed. Love! Love! Love!

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank meldavall
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear meldavall,

On behalf of the entire team I wish to thank you for sharing your stunning comment on Tripadvisor,

What a pleasure to learn that your daughter’s wedding even exceeded your expectations and that you loved everything about Belmond Hotel Caruso – the place, the rooms and the staff.

We are proud to have contributed to the success of one of the most important days of your daughter’s life.

We all do hope to welcome you back soon to Ravello.

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

On a recommendation of a well to-do -and well-travelled friend we booked here over the Palazzo Avino. We were told the service was world class and second to none.

We were not disappointed. I think it would be fair to say that my husband in particular is quite fussy and having arrived from the Excelsior Vittoria in Sorrento and an excellent experience we were nervous. Our initial room (not their fault, more our agents) was not to expectation but 2 rooms later we were very happy. (68 garden room very spacious)

The hotel has a lot of space. Whilst being full we always felt we were not crowded. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful. The pool is excellent. I think maybe 18-20 metres long so you can swim decent lengths and the view is one of the most spectacular I have seen.

The food was also very good. Our first lunch in the Belvedere overlooking the spectacular Minori and Maiori became too good. Nicolas and colleagues looked after us brilliantly and we ended up having 2 bottles of wine! The local anchovy and lemon pasta is outstanding.

At that point we asked to meet the manager,Franco Girasoli, merely to pass on good wishes from our friend. The staff were nervous in case we were moaning but we were not. And Mr Girasoli made himself available and very welcoming.

The hotel boat from Amalfi to Positano and back is a lovely 2 hours with the amiable Salvatore is a great way to spend a morning. A complimentary shuttle takes you back and forth and is about 20 minutes.

Ravello itself is just a wonderful place. Initially we were worried too quiet but it was perfect. The quite excellent JJ, head concierge, recommended us some great restaurants and we ate in several lovely local places as well as the Belvedere on site. Vittoria is a highlight and to be honest the best pizza we ate on our 10 days (sorry Belmond but yours isn’t a patch!) Trattoria da Lorenzo in Scala also great we ate there twice. Be warned -it’s a €40-50 Euro return for a 2.2km journey dependent on the driver...

And so to the rooms. Surely one of the most important parts of a hotel. We slept in 3 different ones so we can concur it’s certainly consistent. Gorgeous bedding. Lovely bath products. Turn down and housekeeping exceptional. Although we did smile at the video players... a nice nod to older times

We left after 4 very wonderful days to travel to Positano.

This is not the end of our story at Belmond Caruso. We lasted just 22 hours in Positano. Maybe we had been spoilt in Ravello and Sorrento. Or maybe it was just bad (Covo dei Saraceni ...). That is another story.

It was such that my husband e-mailed Mr Girasoli at 11pm from our Positano room to ask if we could come back. And he replied that night.

So on a water taxi from Positano to Amalfi the next morning we returned. 25 mins by water and 20 by car and we were back at Caruso by 11am. And how happy we were.

Greeted like old friends by the exemplary front of house staff we were given a wonderful room (64) and a fantastic welcome. The second time round was even better.

A huge thank you to Rosie for sorting our new room, JJ , Ariana, Mario (our favourite waiter) and all the other wonderful staff. The pool ladies, the bell boys... all wonderful.

As Mr Girasoli said himself ,”we are nothing without our staff” and so true. Every single member of staff we encountered were happy to be there and rightly so. Hospitality is the best industry in the world (its what we do too) and we should always be proud.

We thank you and see you again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IncognitoJones
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Incognito Jones,

On behalf of my entire team, in particular of all the staff members you mentioned, I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share your amazing review.

Our daily goal is to create unique holiday experiences and that’s why it fills me with joy to read all the beautiful words you found to describe your stay in Ravello.

It makes me so happy to learn that you appreciated not only our grounds, the views, the pool and your final accommodation but particularly, and this for me is the most beautiful compliment, our wonderful staff.

You can certainly imagine how proud I am of all of them as they put everyday so much passion and dedication into their work and as they make Belmond Hotel Caruso as special as it is.

Your family in Ravello looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018

My husband I recently returned from our honeymoon in Italy following our elopement wedding on 28 June at the Belmond Caruso hotel. We would like to share our thoughts on our experience with the Caruso staff.

Upon our arrival in Rome just a few days prior to our wedding, my then-fiance developed a severe eye condition that required immediate surgery. Our doctors initially advised that travel immediately afterward would be dangerous, and so with great sadness we were forced to cancel our wedding - the ceremony and room at the Caruso, the officiant, our photographer, flowers, everything.

He had the surgery in Rome on 26 June, two days before our wedding was to have taken place, and the procedure went very well. When he returned to the hospital the next day to check on his recovery, the doctor was so pleased with his progress that he gave us permission to travel immediately. So we made what seemed like a crazy decision to try to put the wedding back together - with one day's notice.

When I called the Caruso to see what might be possible, the staff sprang into action to help us. Francesca in the events department was a star - she assured us that we could still have the ceremony in the same location, and then not only helped us secure a new room at the hotel (plus an additional one for my sister), but personally called the officiant and musicians on our behalf to ensure they were still available for our ceremony. In the meantime, our party jumped on a train to Ravello.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the staff with a sincere and heartfelt outpouring of joy and happiness. Flavia, who checked us in, welcomed us with hugs and the biggest smile we've ever seen. Soon thereafter, other members of the staff who had learned of our unusual story began to appear at the front desk to congratulate us and give us their good wishes. Immediately, we felt like we were "home" and with beloved family.

We were absolutely blown away by the hotel's beauty, inside and out. From the view from our personal terrace to the world-class infinity pool, we felt like we were on a movie set during our entire stay. Every detail is five-star. And yet, we found the vibe at the hotel to be peaceful, relaxed, and not at all snooty.

Our small wedding was perfect down to the last detail, and we felt enveloped in a cocoon of love and happiness during our entire stay at the Caruso. In addition to Francesca, we would like to recognize in particular JJ, the amazing concierge; Roberta, Flavia, and all the people who helped us at reception; Luca, the kind and expert waiter who served our wedding dinner; and Carmello, entertainer extraordinaire, who encouraged us to have a really fun impromptu dance party in the piano bar afterward. Without fail, every single staff member we came into contact with was kind, friendly, patient, and completely professional. We can confidently say we have never had a better experience at a hotel.

Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We won't make that mistake again. Belmond Caruso has earned our business for life and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robynnicoli
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear robynnicoli,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for writing your beautiful review on Tripadvisor.

It means very much to us to receive such amazing feedback and it makes us very proud to read your words full of praise.

I’m so happy that in the end you were able to celebrate your wedding at Belmond Hotel Caruso and I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your ceremony and your entire stay so much and that you appreciated all efforts made especially by Francesca, JJ, Roberta, Flavia and reception team as well as Luca and Carmelo.

We all hope you will carry the wonderful memories of your wedding forever in your hearts and we look forward welcoming you back soon to your second home in Ravello.

Wishing you and your husband much love and happiness,

Warmest regards