All reviews infinity pool pool restaurant complimentary boat trip piano bar amalfi coast rose petals concierge staff beautiful hotel private garden pool side complimentary shuttle pool staff exceptional hotel bucket list out of this world best pizza our honeymoon
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We have just returned from our wonderful stay at the Belmond Hotel Caruso which was husband's 50th birthday present. The hotel is stunning, with incredible views and wonderful restaurants but it is the staff who make this hotel so special!! The service is superb in every area throughout the hotel. The car service they provide from the airport is luxurious and the driver we had, (Gianni) so friendly and informative.

We would like to thank in particular Yolanda from Guest Services who welcomed us so warmly and arranged our beautiful room with private garden. Yolanda is a special part of the team at the Caruso and nothing was too much trouble for her. The reception staff were always helpful and informative in particular the two Flavias and Ariana.

We would like to thank Mario who welcomed us every morning for breakfast and also in the evening for dinner at the Belvedere restaurant, he really made us feel so special.

Our favourite part of the hotel was the pool and pool restaurant where the staff are led by the brilliant manager Danilo whose recommendations were always perfect. The food was out of this world and the service not only excellent but fun!! Big thanks also to Francesco, Alfredo and last but not least the lovely natured Nello.

We had an amazing time at the Caruso mainly thanks to the wonderful family of staff and we cannot wait to return!!

Ci vediamo l'anno prossimo!!

Room Tip: Book room with a sea view and garden if possible
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your stunning review on Tripadvisor.

I am very honoured to read all your words full of praise you found for Belmond Hotel Caruso and especially for my staff who put so much passion into their work everyday.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back soon to Ravello.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 21 September 2015

i stayed at Belmond Carusso during my son's wedding in Ravello. The bride & grooms accommodation was beautiful & luxurious and my room was very nice indeed although the balconies in many of the hotel rooms overhang the room beneath affording very little privacy for the occupants of either room. The bride & groom were already there when we arrived and my other sons room was ready but I was advised that mine would be ready later and they would call me. At 3.45pm I went to reception to query my room availability only to be told that the hotel had given the previous guests a late check out, 4pm, making my room unavailable until 5pm. Given the money spent on the wedding reception held at the hotel along with many rooms booked I found this unacceptable especially in view of the fact that we were not notified of this upon our arrival at 11am. On the morning of the wedding I ordered a room service lunch and was amazed to find the remains of the meal still in my room following the wedding, leaving an unpleasant smell in the room. Staff tried to blame me by saying I must have pressed the button requesting no room service pick up. As I did not know said button even existed, the fault lay entirely with the hotel staff. My son had ordered a magnificent 3 tier wedding cake and only a small amount of the top layer was eaten following the wedding. All wedding guests remained at the hotel the day after the wedding enjoying the fine amenities around the pool. No effort was made by the hotel to offer the remaining wedding cake to the wedding guests the following day for morning or afternoon tea, however when I requested some, I received some. My request should have prompted the hotel to offer the remaining cake to the rest of my sons guests. Rooms and views beautiful and lack nothing but the service was poor. Would not stay there again, especially in view of the room charges.

Room Tip: A room that does not overhang another
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth C
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your valuable feedback and thoughts on Tripadvisor.

I am very sad to hear that our staff, which is usually highly appreciated by all our guests for its friendly and professional attitude, did not meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the mentioned negative events which affected your stay.

My team and I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in Belmond Hotel Caruso and to show you that what happened was just a very unfortunate exception.

Best regards from Ravello

Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

It is an incredible place and perfect if you want to spend some peaceful time. A fantastic swimming pool with an amazing view, very nice food, comfortable and beautiful bedrooms and a great great staff that took care of every detail and need we had.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank talitez
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear Sirs,

On behalf of my entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to hear that you consider Belmond Hotel Caruso a perfect place to enjoy a peaceful time while getting pampered by our warm and attentive staff.

My team and I look very forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes from Ravello

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Just returned from Ravello which in itself is a beautiful quaint place. The Belmond Carusso is a fabulous hotel offering fantastic food and customer service where nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is expensive but you really do get what you pay for. My only "niggle" was our room location. We opted for double deluxe with sea view and whilst the view was breathtaking, we were a little dissapointed that our balcony over hung another room with a garden so there was little privacy when sitting outside for ourselves and the people in the room below. The view however did compensate in some way

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to sea view. It's worth it

Dear Sirs,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your beautiful review on Tripadvisor.

I could not be more happy to learn that, despite of the issue regarding the balcony, you experienced a fantastic stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso and that you appreciated all efforts of my team.

We do hope to welcome you back soon to Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 September 2015

We visited the hotel to see the property where friends were married. The concierge graciously gave us a hotel tour and we settled in for a Bellini at the infinity pool. The views are spectacular as well as the hotel grounds and service. A hotel not to miss if you are in the Amalfi Coast. Worth the splurge and will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share your fantastic words on Tripadvisor.

I am more than happy to hear that you remained so impressed by our grounds and views and that you consider us a hotel not to miss in the Amalfi Coast.

We do hope to welcome you back soon to Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Warm regards from beautiful Ravello