“Lalst minute choice of place to stay”

Golf Hotel Punta Ala
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Punta Ala
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Excellent facility - very well kept. Rooms serviced daily. Beach resort walking distance - good supply of towels, beds, umbrellas as part of package. Pool and spa very good. Good beach side refreshments. Hotel staff pleasant and engaging. Food at breakfast and dinner fabulous value in half board package - very plentiful and high standard. Notably this is a resort enjoyed by Italians.

Room Tip: Suggest not overlooking pool as bar in this area and at night there is live music till around 11.00...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Daniele P, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hotel Punta Ala, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest, thanks for your kind review. We are happy that your stay at Golf Hotel was good and relaxing. We want to give thanks to you for your opinion about our staff. It's very important for us. We are looking forward to hosting you in the future. Sincerely.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My partner came here since he was little, so this hotel is more a happy childhood memory for him. He was very happy to return this place, even the price is very luxury, compare with what we got eventually.

After a week in golf hotel, he has doubt and I have bad impression.

A few things we like:
The organisation in the beach area, we visited the beach everyday, the shuttle bus service is very helpful. No worries about towels, clean restrooms, showers are often maintained.

The restaurant offers wide range of buffet options, although it looks the same options everyday. Gluten free bread provided by request, we appreciated.

Some things we wish to improve, if the price is going to be same or even more next year:
The room ran down a lot. When the room lock unlocked by the key card, it makes 2-3 seconds of "unlocking" noice. At the night, the noice is even more disturbing.

The amenities looks cheap quality. Italy has so many great products, where are they!

The poor housekeeping service.
1. My step daughter spilt the water from the shower (partially careless and partially caused by the poor design of the shower door), I called room service to help to clean the bathroom. the housekeeping lady came, and pointed me the towel matt to use for absorbing the water on the floor. Is she expecting me to clean it? I replied to her: I noticed there are towels, but if you look around with your eyes, we need more that towels, and your service.

2. One day, we went out around 9, but the room were still not made up by 2pm. Random housekeeping schedule.

3. I was relaxing in my balcony around 10. A housekeeping lady opened the door and come in. She left immediately once she realised I am still in the room. Random housekeeping schedule.

Racial stereotyping staff in Spa. I'm not accusing anybody, but I wish staffs should be more sensitive to this regards. I took my step daughter with me to have manicure & pedicure together. First of all, they don't have 2 pedicure chairs available at the same time, so I was arranged to lay on the bed to have my man & pedi, which were not very comfortable. My step daughter sits in the next room, we can see each other through the connecting door.
Perhaps my Chinese background made the staff who curious about the relationship between me and my European step daughter.
The staff who was doing my nails, crossed the room, used Italian, asked my step daughter "Is she your babysitter?". My step daughter answered the question gracefully, I'm very proud.
However, I don't like this kind of assumption at all.
Managers, If human equality is too big to put into staff training. The simple solution for your staffs is, don't ask, swallow your curiosity. The world is too comprehensive to assume anything.

With the price we paid, run down facilities, random housekeeping service, insensitive staff. We doubted that we will be here again. Let the childhood memories, stays as memories.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Daniele P, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hotel Punta Ala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Guest, first of all we are sorry for the misunderstandings and inconveniences. Nobody of our staff wanted to be rude, therefore we’re mortified. We noticed that some facilities were good for you, so we hope that you can give us another chance in the future. Sincerely.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

staff:
some friendly (shuttle bus driver, beach guys on our first two days: June 11/12), others a bit helpless

room:
OK, but in a very old, run-down wing of the building with a looong hallway and closed second reception/bar - we hated (!) walking there ...

breakfast:
pretty wide choice, but everyday the same and food not of the highest quality

beach: nice

whether you like the hotel or not depends on what is important to you and in which part of the hotel your room is located ...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniele P, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hotel Punta Ala, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Mr. Ninscha,
thanks for your review. We are sorry that your experience in our Resort wasn’t fully satisfactory. We hope that you will visit us again and give us another chance!
Best regards

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I was in this hotel for 5 days one week ago, I think onestly is very basic hotel, not 4 star service absolutely not 4 star for the food .
The products they used are very basic and the under quality !!
Onestly I think that i'ts was the first and tha last time in that hotel .....very bad
not try absolutely !!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danei
Daniele P, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hotel Punta Ala, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear Guest, first of all we thank you for your opinion and for your time. We are very sorry that your holiday wasn't good. Usually guest appreciate our services. We guarantee only fresh products for the food. We hope that you give us another chance. Sincerely.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Dirty, old, uncomfortable hotel . The service is not friendly. I lived in luxe. The room was dirty and old, there were broken doors. Breakfast was with a
Big chooise, but plates, spoons, cups were dirty.
So, this hotel has an expesive prices, but everything is like in a cheap hostel. The safe was old, and i did not leave there anything, you can check the picture...the beach was normal, but if you want to relax with sunbed it will cost you 15 €
It was a terrible week...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
5.1 km away
Roccamare Resort
Roccamare Resort
#12 of 22 in Castiglione Della Pescaia

Been to Golf Hotel Punta Ala? Share your experiences!