My partner came here since he was little, so this hotel is more a happy childhood memory for him. He was very happy to return this place, even the price is very luxury, compare with what we got eventually.
After a week in golf hotel, he has doubt and I have bad impression.
A few things we like:
The organisation in the beach area, we visited the beach everyday, the shuttle bus service is very helpful. No worries about towels, clean restrooms, showers are often maintained.
The restaurant offers wide range of buffet options, although it looks the same options everyday. Gluten free bread provided by request, we appreciated.
Some things we wish to improve, if the price is going to be same or even more next year:
The room ran down a lot. When the room lock unlocked by the key card, it makes 2-3 seconds of "unlocking" noice. At the night, the noice is even more disturbing.
The amenities looks cheap quality. Italy has so many great products, where are they!
The poor housekeeping service.
1. My step daughter spilt the water from the shower (partially careless and partially caused by the poor design of the shower door), I called room service to help to clean the bathroom. the housekeeping lady came, and pointed me the towel matt to use for absorbing the water on the floor. Is she expecting me to clean it? I replied to her: I noticed there are towels, but if you look around with your eyes, we need more that towels, and your service.
2. One day, we went out around 9, but the room were still not made up by 2pm. Random housekeeping schedule.
3. I was relaxing in my balcony around 10. A housekeeping lady opened the door and come in. She left immediately once she realised I am still in the room. Random housekeeping schedule.
Racial stereotyping staff in Spa. I'm not accusing anybody, but I wish staffs should be more sensitive to this regards. I took my step daughter with me to have manicure & pedicure together. First of all, they don't have 2 pedicure chairs available at the same time, so I was arranged to lay on the bed to have my man & pedi, which were not very comfortable. My step daughter sits in the next room, we can see each other through the connecting door.
Perhaps my Chinese background made the staff who curious about the relationship between me and my European step daughter.
The staff who was doing my nails, crossed the room, used Italian, asked my step daughter "Is she your babysitter?". My step daughter answered the question gracefully, I'm very proud.
However, I don't like this kind of assumption at all.
Managers, If human equality is too big to put into staff training. The simple solution for your staffs is, don't ask, swallow your curiosity. The world is too comprehensive to assume anything.
With the price we paid, run down facilities, random housekeeping service, insensitive staff. We doubted that we will be here again. Let the childhood memories, stays as memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive 4 stars hotel in the middle of a 50.000 Square meter private park and located in the green Maremma region only 700 meters off the sea. The hotel offers a very well equipped private beach, a wide outdoor swimming pool, a 800 sqm modern SPA offering a wide range of wellness programs and beauty treatments, an elegant restaurant and large meeting areas accomodating up to 280 people ideal for events. The hotel counts 24 modern double rooms and 106 Tuscan style suites that can accommodate from 2 to 5 people. Golf Hotel is the reference hotel for the famous Punta Ala Golf Club, an amazing 18 hole golf course with sea view. Punta Ala is a tiny natural paradise in southern Tuscany in front of Elba Island. It is the ideal tourist destination for people wishing to spend their holidays in total relax. Wild coves amid greenery of Mediterranean vegetation are characterized by wide fine sand beaches, crystal-clear water and lush pinewoods. Only a few kilometers off, the inland offers the opportunity to visit fascinating natural reserves, suggestive archaeological sites and the most important Italian cities of art including Florence, Pisa and Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golf Hotel Punta Ala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Punta Ala