1,621 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2015

First I have to say, I`m not used to writing any commnets to hotels, but this experience made me share it with you.
This hotel is situated at a nice beach with a beautiful view at the Dino island - that`s truth, but this are almost the only positive points about this hotel. First thing I have to mention is that hardly anyone would understand you unless you can speak italian. Only one or two receptionis were able to comunicate...well, somehow. The rest of the stuff including waitres, the other receptionists, animators and in fact all the people you can meet inside or outside the hotel can speak no other language but italian.
If you like italian cousine, this hotel might be a right place for you. I must confess that all the food served in the restaurant was delicious. However, it`s not easy to get it. It costs a lot of patience! The stuff doesn`t manage to brig new food, so the buffet tables are always empty, in addition you are not allowed to help yourself - you must be served by a waiter that is incredibly slow - so what a surprise - there form long queues! Believe me it`s not a good experience when you stand the whole queue and at the end you find out there`s no food anymore at the buffet table. Another unpleasant surprise was, we always had to hunt for glasses, forks, knives, etc. because everytime something missed at our table. Again you can`t expect the stuff to be very helpful. In most cases they offer you plastic cutlery - yes, I`m not joking - plastic cutlery at a four star hotel restaurant!!!
During the stay we hat to accept there is always something missing (either at the table, beverage automat empty all the time, beach bar closed half a day) and what is even worse - the suff simply doesn`t care!
I must confess the same situation and behaviour of people can be experienced also outside the hotel. Nothing works and everything is a problem. After a couple of days you find out, you are the only person, you can rely on.
You might say, it`s a mediterranean culture. Well I`ve travelled to many places in mediterranean and the world, but I haven`t seen anything like this at any place I`ve visited. This is why I`m writing this comment - my first comment in my life.
The summary is: Beutiful nature, extremely lazy and unhelpful stuff not only at the hotel, but also other services outside the hotel (car rental, restaurants, bars, shops, etc.). You have better go somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
11  Thank Petr S
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Ideal hotel for a relaxing family vacation, nice and very well kept, the rooms are simply decorated but efficient and above all very clean. Our room had a nice size balcony. The spa is very nice and personnel was very kind and professional. The buffet offered a wide variety of foods even though the quality was mediocre. A note to Antonio in the restaurant who took great care of us. If you don't mind spending a little extra the Gold formula is really worth looking into especially concerning the restaurant where you have your own reserved table and you are served, instead of standing in line at the buffet. The entertainment staff seemed good but all in italian and not much to do for kids 9/12. Great mini club for younger children or junior club for teenagers. A negative note: the reception desk seemed really slow, the personnel is nice but it seemed understaffed compared to the number of guests requiring help. The pebble beach is just outside the resort gate, rubber shoes highly recommended! The town itself does not offer much to do!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank StellaB70
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I was in holiday in this hotel. Amazing views. Nice island near the hotel. But the food don't was good. Not Italian style. And more of the waiter don't was speaking on English. But nice hotel. The pool was more quiet and the animation was really poor. I will not come back again.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex T
Reviewed 19 November 2014

very friendly place with good allinclusive food and beverages (good wine), big swimming pool and incredible good coffee...beautiful seaside and small island in front of the hotel. I loved small cafe in praia a mare which is 25 minutes walk from hotel.

Room tip: best rooms are in main building with view to the sea...
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank AndrzejStraupisz
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I stayed at Borgo di Fiuzzi at the end of July, beginning August and we had an absolutely fantastic time! Every part of this resort is beautiful and run exceptionally well with friendly, efficient and polite staff. Not to mention the beautiful location and exquisite views.

The entertainment that was provided (throughout the day and night) was a special treat and all entertainment staff were excellent in their activities as well as their friendliness and caring attitudes (my thanks to Giangi, Pato, Anicka and the team!)

The rooms are well furnished, always clean and an absolute pleasure in terms of accommodation.

The dining staff were always friendly, smiling and super efficient in serving and clearing - and the food was absolutely marvelous! Great selection of hot and cold foods, and everything was prepared perfectly. Our thanks to Franco and his team

The bar staff were excellent, providing drinks and snacks (at scheduled times) and keeping the area clean, tidy and spotless. Thanks to Armando, Ida, Francesco, Rita and Angela

The pool was always clean, and the area kept tidy and in order at all times.

Overall we could not have wished for or desired any more, everything was in place and more! The cleanliness and organization of the resort was top notch and the staff from all areas were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Thanks to All at Borgo di Fiuzzi - Until next time!

Date of stay: August 2013