1,022 results
All reviews vw beetle amalfi coast our honeymoon pizza night pool area beautiful hotel breakfast buffet is superior room half way common areas the hotel's restaurant every morning breathtaking views large terrace overlooking positano the location is perfect i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 November 2018

Wow, our adult children and my husband and I had an incredible experience in Positano due to our hotel and service. They helped us with travel arrangements, restaurant reservations, private vans to go touring, and recommendations for nightclubs for the kids. we ate great breakfasts, and enjoyed their dining in the evening. We also enjoyed the quaint bar inside the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank mammothrox
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, mammothrox!

Hope to have you all back to the Hotel Poseidon soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 November 2018

I have been back from Hotel Poseidon for almost 2 weeks and am still dreaming of our magical time there. I am not sure where to begin because everything is so wonderful.

Lets start with the restaurant: Il Tridente. We had dinner on the patio the night we arrived plus breakfast every morning. Our dinner was BY FAR the best we had anywhere else in Positano. Yes we had other great meals (our second favorite was a restaurant recommended by the hotel) but Il Tridente topped them all. The pasta and the eggplant parmesian were the best I have had. I am not kidding. Not to mention the fabulous selection of wine. The breakfast buffet is the morning is to die for. Everything is so fresh. We ate breakfast on the patio every morning we were there and were always so full we completely skipped lunch. It was that good. And the complimentary mimosa and bloody mary bar that accompanies the breakfast buffet is an added bonus. Even if you choose not to stay at Poseidon (and you are crazy if you don't) then you must stop by for dinner at Il Tridente.

Now lets talk about the actual hotel. Its beautiful. The hotel itself is family owned and run and has been opened for over 60 years. It is located perfectly in the center of Positano. High enough that you arent in the middle of the tourist crowds, but not too high that its a pain to walk down to the beach and center of town. Yes, you will get a workout walking the stairs everyday though (but you will be grateful for this after all the delicious food you will consume at Il Tridente). The grounds are beautiful. We absolutely loved sitting on the patio drinking wine and lemoncello in the afternoons and evenings. There is a perfectly adorable bar situated right next to the pool with the most impeccable service (we will get to that next) that happily attends to you while you are relaxing and ejoying the magnificent views of Positano. My husband and I preferred the patio of Poseidon over everywhere else we went in Positano. Nowhere else beats the views and service. I should also mention the beautiful wood burning fireplace that was lit every night (october in Positano gets chilly at night) in the bar lounge area. It made it feel extra cozy. We were fortunate enough to get to stay in one of the Superior Double Rooms. This type of room comes with a sea and city view and has a beatiful porch attached. The view from our room took our breath away when we arrived. See pics attached to this review. We slept with our porch door open everynight and had some of the best sleep of our entire trip. It is important to remember that this is an older hotel (remember, over 60 years old) and that is why it is so charming. The rooms are not updated with all the latest and greatest, but thats what makes it so great. Just enjoy the beautiful Italian hand painted tiles in each room and the insanely beautiful views.

Ok, now on to the people and the service. THIS is where Poseidon really shines. I have never had such an amazing experience at a hotel and 95% of that is due to the amazing people that work and run Poseidon. Every single person in the hotel greets you with a smile everyday. Luca, at the bar, is top notch. He remembered our names everyday, always remembered our favorite drinks and was a pleasure to talk to. Roberto was equally as kind and wonderful. Truly impeccable service. Now on to the lovely and wonderful family who own and still run the hotel. Prior to arriving, I exchanged several emails with Liliana (her grandparents started Poseidon). She was so helpful in booking excursions and offering her assitance in anything we needed. When we arrived, she greeted us at the front desk and gave us a tour of the hotel. That evening, she made a point to come by our dinner table and check in on us and see how everything was. And I should point out, I noticed she knew every table there and knew everyone by name. How incredible is that? Throughout our several nights at Poseidon, we got to know Liliana well. My husband and I had the best time sitting on the patio with her in the evenings learning about all things Positano. I left Hotel Poseidon feeling as though we had made a true friend in Liliana. She was there everyday and every evening attending to everything and everyone. The entire family takes such pride in their hotel and it is so obvious in how hard they work to make sure their guests are happy and comfortable. We had the pleasure of meeting Liliana's sister Margherita, her mother and her uncle while we were there as well. Everyone is so pleasant and so kind. Words really can't describe.

One other thing that has to be mentioned is the adorable 1970s (I think) VW Convertible you are able to borrow from the hotel. The car is the owner's personal car that he loans out to his hotel guests. We had the BEST time driving it from Positano all along the Amalfi coast. One of the highlights of our entire trip. Oh, and its free. What other hotel gives you a beautiful free car to take on a once in a lifetime road trip along the Amalfi Coast? When you stay at Poseidon, you must take it our for a spin!

When my husband and I checked out of Poseidon I cried. Yes, you read that correctly, I cried. Who does that when leaving a hotel? Thats truly how wonderful our stay was. We were heading to several other places after Positano (it was our Honeymoon) and I was truly sad to leave. I wish we could have stayed longer. Our stay at Poseidon was the best we had the entire 2 week trip. So THANK YOU Poseidon, THANK YOU Roberto and Luca, THANK YOU Liliana and everyone else who made our stay so fabulous. We cannot wait to return. You made our Honeymoon better than we could have ever hoped for.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah Beth M

Dear Sarah Beth,

Thank you so much for this very emotional review. You've left us speechless!

We're so happy you enjoyed your time here at the Hotel Poseidon, and thank you for fully understanding the Hotel's style and the pride we take in working here. It means a lot to us!

Can't wait to have you back! :)

Best,

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel, wonderful view of Potisitano. It is close to the beach. The hotel staff is really friendly and helpful. The restaurant has great italian food and beautiful spirit with the amazing view!! I stayed with my 6 years old daugther.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Julie,
Thank you for your review! :)

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Hotel Poseidon had a great location, wonderful staff, and amazing views! Breakfast and meals at the hotel were excellent not to mention to ambience was perfect - don't miss pizza night and the homemade ravioli!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much, Linda!

It was a pleasure meeting you here, I hope to have you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We drive from Rome and stay here one night then off to Capri for another 1 night.
Hotel is located in the town, walking distance to the beach in 10 min ( if you don’t stop for all the cute beautiful shops and restaurant! )
Our rooms get to see half of the city and half of the ocean which is the best in my opinion because it is so beautiful exactly with the combination especially at night with all the lights on. Room is clean and comfortable bed. There is a balcony outside of room so we can sit down at night chatting, having wine and desserts/cheese we bought on the way back from the town.
Foods are good. Fresh food, great coffee and some home made dishes all made it such a great breakfast experience ( if house with the great view).
Ok best of the best is their service. They let us leave the car and luggage after checking out on that night we stay in Capri. It is so good because we need to find a place to leave our car and also alliw us not to go to Capri with luggages. We appreciate it because then we can leave early for the blue ️.25 euro 1 night for parking but totally with of the money. They park in their private garbage so is safe. All luggage are loaded in the car when we come back to pick up.

I will definitely stay if am lucky to come back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the nearest future!

Kind regards from Positano,