“Awesome place for supplies and food”
Review of Delicatessen

Delicatessen
Ranked #23 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place was great. We picked up groceries from here and even lunch a few times. We were in Positano for 6 days and stopped by here at least once a day to pick up water or milk for our 2 year old.

Our first visit was a little underwhelming just because the staff did not seem too friendly. Could be because they were busy or simply tired. But we went back later in the evening and they were super cheerful. Now one thing I found out later on in our trip was that everyone here is super hardworking. Especially the one main woman behind the cash. I think she works 12-14 hours a day at least so I can appreciate if she isn't always cheery. But she is super sweet and very patient with the customers (even some annoying drunk ones that I was in the store to witness).

In terms of food, we grabbed sandwiches for lunch and one night for dinner and they were so so good. Fresh ingredients, good bread and some olive oil in it. They were a few of our favourite meals during our stay. The one sandwich I would recommend trying is Mozzarella, Prosciutto and some olive oil grilled in the panini press. I saw a local order it and asked for the same. And it was very delicious.

We also had their vegetarian lasagna for lunch one day and it was delicious. Definitely recommend this place for good small meals and very well priced. Miss this place already.

1  Thank Food E

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We bought an apron that was 12 euros and gave the cashier 50 euros. He gave us 8 euros back and tried to convince us that we didn't need any more change.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great all round store that opens to 10pm! We were in Positano for 5 days and naturally needed a break from eating out. We stopped in and stocked up on sandwich items , snacks and waters! Great price and variety considering we’re we are. They even had bug spray!

1  Thank BelGor2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This spot was on our way from our hotel to the beach. The first day we stopped in to get food, but all of the prepared food was gone so they fixed me a wonderful salad and a sandwich for my daughter .he next time I went, the prepared food was there and I got the last of the eggplant parmesan. It was a small amount which was fine for me because I can't eat a whole lot. It was delicious! Great place to get groceries and marvelous take away food.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Good location, had a decent selection (remember you are in a tiny resort town). Delivered, knew exactly where we were staying by name.

Date of visit: May 2018