“Don't Let The Name of This Hotel Fool You!”

Positano Art Hotel Pasitea
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed 14 October 2007

Jason and I planned our wedding in Revello. We chose to stay at the best western Pasitea for many reasons: (before we knew any thing about the hotel) It was a priority for us to stay at a hotel that would allow for door to door transportation as we heard that many of the hotels in Positano could not be reached by vehicles. We knew our guest would not be able to walk in formal tuxedos and gowns to get to their transportation without looking like they just ran a marathon. Not to mention transporting all of our own luggage down cobblestone roads to and from their hotels. Hotel Pasitea fit all our needs.

Jason called Hotel Pasitea many times the week before our trip and on the first phone call he spoke to Toney - Before Jason had time to explain who he was Toney had already recognized the name and told Jason he was expecting us and was looking forward to our wedding. He reassured Jason that everything was taken care of and that we could expect only the best. (Only good feelings came from that conversatiion)

The next conversation Jason had with Toney was about having flowers in our room to surprise me when we arrived. Let me just tell you the flowers that were in my room when I arrived were the most extraordinary flowers I have ever seen. The colors were so vibrant and the arrangement was so perfectly arranged and the assortment of flowers were just exquisite.

The next conversation with Toney was about acquiring an additional room the night before our wedding. The hotel had already been booked totally full and this request was an afterthought on our part. A few days later – to our amazement Toney made it happen.

We were having a problem finding a transportation service that would be available all week for us and our guests and who had cars big enough to transport all of guests together. We were also looking for a service that wasn’t outrageously priced. Toney recommended Flavio Gioia Transfers. I can’t even say enough about the team that was at our service all week from Flavio Gioia. They are top notch people and the cars and mini vans were impeccable.

When we arrived in Positano at Hotel Pasitea, We were greeted by Toney. And he was just as nice and helpful as all the phone conversations Jason had had with him. A few of our guest had already arrived and couldn’t say enough about the rooms. All they could say was “Wait until you see the View” Each of our rooms had the most amazing balconies and the views were breathless. I went to each and every room to make sure that all our guests had the same experience. And they did. This only started our wedding excursion on the best note ever. (We had a block of 10 rooms)

There aren’t enough great things to say about Hotel Pasitea, and the exceptional service we received from each and every member of there team. They made us feel so welcomed at every moment. They were always willing to help or offer advice. Every restaurant they suggested was marvelous. They didn’t send us to any touristy places only places that they loved themselves.

The rooms and the hotel are extremely clean. The rooms were very spacious for being in Europe. I can’t say even say enough about the views. The breakfast every morning was fantastic. I shouldn’t mention this but we would be up before breakfast was being served and they would still fuss over us. I can’t say one negative thing about the staff or the hotel.

But I can give you a bit of a heads up… We had some family and friends stay at a very popular and well know hotel in the area that was very pricey. They said that the hotel was very beautiful but the service left a lot to be desired. It was very poor. They spent a lot of money and would never go back. We also had some family/friends say at several other hotels in Positano, sorento, Revello. and Prainano; they all wish they had stayed with us at Hotel Pasititea.

I can’t wait to go back next year!

If you need more information about this area of Italy I would be more than happy to share any imformatiion that we have. I will add photos as soon as we have them.

ciao

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank jaycam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband and I were married in Positano Italy in 2005. We stayed 3 nights at the Best Western, and enjoyed every minute of it! Initially the hotel was very hard to find, there are no big neon signs to point you in the right direction, but we were lucky enough to find a helpful local whom pointed us in the right direction! The hotel itself was very nice, and the staff very helpful. They helped us find a nice restaurante for our wedding dinner, and also helped us find the best pizza I have ever tasted! We were able to borrow a laptop computer for internet access free of charge for half an hour. Very impressed with all aspects of the Best Western Pasitea Hotel, and hope to return in a few years!

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I was hesitant to even read the initial TripAdvisor reviews on this hotel, mostly being put off by my (admittedly biased) view of Best Western hotels as soulless and Americanised. Even after booking to stay there (we couldn't find anything else suitable) I still wasn't convinced that it would have any of the Italian charm I was looking for.

Suffice it to say that I was completely wrong - it is tastefully decorated with gorgeous tiled floors, whitewashed walls and airy, spacious bedrooms. The accommodation was perfectly clean and modern without feeling sterilised and the staff were polite and helpful.

Every room has a balcony overlooking the ocean and the view is truly spectacular. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast every morning at the hotel and even took the suggestion of the concierge of eating at the family restaurant in Montepertuso they recommend (not to be missed!).

I was thoroughly impressed by the entire experience and would recommend it to any traveller to this beautiful corner of the world.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2007

I have to be honest, the last time I stayed in a Best Western was when I was 12. I was kind of skeptical of it for that reason, but the Hotel Pasitea ended up completely exceeding my expectations. The hotel staff was very helpful with dinner suggestions and the like.

The bar off the lobby sells very reasonably priced wine by the bottle and will provide glasses so you can enjoy it on your terrace/patio. The rooms aren't huge, but the view is spectacular, and we spent most of our time outside (either at the beach or on the large terrace off of our room).

The hotel is a little bit of a walk from the town center, but we preferred the location because it wasn't crowded or "in the thick of things". The beach was about a 10 minute walk. The walk back up from town is about 30 minutes if you take a meandering pace.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Positano.

1  Thank ads02129
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Great view. Nice hotel with a good value. Staff coud be a little more helpful and warm.

• Stayed: May 2007