1,167 results
All reviews the bus pastries large balcony thoroughly enjoyed our stay la tagliata staff was extremely helpful beautiful view restaurant recommendations hotel is great stayed here for nights our honeymoon half way overlooking the sea location was perfect main beach town enzo
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband and I were married in Positano Italy in 2005. We stayed 3 nights at the Best Western, and enjoyed every minute of it! Initially the hotel was very hard to find, there are no big neon signs to point you in the right direction, but we were lucky enough to find a helpful local whom pointed us in the right direction! The hotel itself was very nice, and the staff very helpful. They helped us find a nice restaurante for our wedding dinner, and also helped us find the best pizza I have ever tasted! We were able to borrow a laptop computer for internet access free of charge for half an hour. Very impressed with all aspects of the Best Western Pasitea Hotel, and hope to return in a few years!

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I was hesitant to even read the initial TripAdvisor reviews on this hotel, mostly being put off by my (admittedly biased) view of Best Western hotels as soulless and Americanised. Even after booking to stay there (we couldn't find anything else suitable) I still wasn't convinced that it would have any of the Italian charm I was looking for.

Suffice it to say that I was completely wrong - it is tastefully decorated with gorgeous tiled floors, whitewashed walls and airy, spacious bedrooms. The accommodation was perfectly clean and modern without feeling sterilised and the staff were polite and helpful.

Every room has a balcony overlooking the ocean and the view is truly spectacular. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast every morning at the hotel and even took the suggestion of the concierge of eating at the family restaurant in Montepertuso they recommend (not to be missed!).

I was thoroughly impressed by the entire experience and would recommend it to any traveller to this beautiful corner of the world.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2007

I have to be honest, the last time I stayed in a Best Western was when I was 12. I was kind of skeptical of it for that reason, but the Hotel Pasitea ended up completely exceeding my expectations. The hotel staff was very helpful with dinner suggestions and the like.

The bar off the lobby sells very reasonably priced wine by the bottle and will provide glasses so you can enjoy it on your terrace/patio. The rooms aren't huge, but the view is spectacular, and we spent most of our time outside (either at the beach or on the large terrace off of our room).

The hotel is a little bit of a walk from the town center, but we preferred the location because it wasn't crowded or "in the thick of things". The beach was about a 10 minute walk. The walk back up from town is about 30 minutes if you take a meandering pace.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Positano.

1  Thank ads02129
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Great view. Nice hotel with a good value. Staff coud be a little more helpful and warm.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 21 May 2007

Just returned from 5 nights in Positano and we loved it! The hotel was well situated and had great views. The showers are very small but that seems to be an italian standard. We loved walking the streets but you can take the stairs if you want a short cut. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and is a great way to get back to the square. When you arrive, make sure you let the porters take your luggage....it is well worth the cost 6 euros/bag. Taxis are very expensive so you can use the bus which is at the top of the square. You pay 1 euro for each bus ride and it makes a loop through town. We loved Cafe Positano for dinner, eat outside to enjoy the amazing view! We loved the wait staff and the food. We did not have one bad meal while in Positano, while in Italy. Will definitely return. One last suggestion: Take the ferry from Naples to Positano, only 9 euros each and you have beautiful views! Metro del Mare, 1.5 hrs. one way. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple