“We really liked our pasta dishes for lunch.”
Review of Bruno

Bruno
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017

A woman seating next to us try to convince me that the pasta a la arrabbiata wasn't very good, I thought it was just fine. True it wasn't the heat that I thought it should have but it stung afterwards. Don't listen to people, experience it yourself. Wasn't pricey and the pasta was good.

1  Thank Greg C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Hands down the best pomodoro sauce and some of the best mussels I had during my stay in Positano. They have a seafood gratin dish that is out of this world.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Amalfi Coast is our third stop of our Italy trip. This is the worst pasta we have had. Extremely salty and the clams and mussels are tiniest I have ever seen, small like my nails!! Husband even think I make better pasta than what we had! Not going back at all.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

our hotel sent us to bruno's
it is one of their favorites
it was very very good
we sat outside and the view was wonderful
service started slow but ended up being very good.
i would go back anytime!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped here as it was the first half-decent priced place we passed in Positano. Everywhere else in Positano seemed an outrageous rip off. We were quickly seated at one of the tables over the road with the stunning views over Positano. Thankfully there are pull-down blinds to shield you from the overpowering sun. We had our drinks order taken quickly and were sipping on ice cold cokes within a couple of minutes. The service in gentle was indifferently at worst and unobtrusive at best. They forgot to bring us a bread basket until our meals actually came out, thought I didn't actually mind as I used it to mop the excess sauce from my dish. Our mains were somewhat slow to come out, but I believe that is because they were freshly cooked. I was all ready to be angry about the wait as the dish looked pretty unremarkable, but when I took a bite I was blown away. I had the Parmigiana di Melanzane which was the best one I had during our entire trip (saying something as I ate about 6 of them at different places!). It wasn't batch cooked like a big lasagne and re-heated until dried out; it was fresh, succulent and delicious. my other half had the Gnocchi alla Sorrentina which he also raved about! This meal was a high point during our otherwise underwhelming visit to the overcrowded town of Positano. The only downside of this restaurant is the swathes of tourists constantly passing on their way to the bus stop. They pass within inches of you and ogle your meal - I felt a bit like a zoo exhibit being watched eating my lunch! It can also be pretty loud with the passing traffic.