See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Great rooms!
A loo with a wew!
Balcony to die for!
Bush the dog!
Fantastic Lat, she will take care in the best possible way!
You will come back ones you been here!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Our search for Le Stanze del Casale, down the small dirt roads around Portoferraio, turned out to be more than worth the effort. We entered an oasis of charm and hospitality from which we never wanted to leave. We were met by Lat, the always-smiling, ever-helpful manager of the B&B who showed us our room. On entering, we were immediately struck by the gorgeous view from our large French window - the olive groves giving way to the blue sea, and beyond the Forte Stella high on the peak of old Portoferraio. At night, the Forte was lit, providing a backdrop to a relaxing evening cocktail in our room. The hospitality of our hosts was just as stellar. The first evening, we watched as a small music band set up on the front terrace. Immediately, noticing our stares, Florence, the owner of Le Stanze des Casale, told us about a birthday party being organized for a family friend. To our surprise, she insisted that we join her, her family and friends for the evening. What a wonderful party it was! We feasted on delicious Thai specialties, listened to amazing music by an incredibly talented vocalist, and danced the earth and sea-scented night away! This was a wonderful start to a warm and inviting stay. The next day, Florence explained at length what to see on the island and even drove us to the shop so that we could rent a Vespa to visit the hard to reach corners of the island. Every morning, we were greeted with a smile by Lat and a sumptuous breakfast of fresh fruits, breads, cereals, cakes, cookies, eggs, you name it. Lat was ready to help with any request or question we might have. The style and décor of the old farmhouse was superb with a true artistic eye, creating an ambience of old and new, blended together with exquisite taste and with eye for comfort and convenience for guests. I cannot recommend Le Stanze del Casale B&B enough - Lat and Florence are two of the kindest and most hospitable people I have met in all my travels and I am so happy to have met them and to have been welcomed in their lovely home.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the view of Forte Stella - simply superbe!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophia-ScottH
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here in spring 2014, not August 2015, but my app won't let me select that date. It was a wonderful experience that my friend and I will remember for the rest of our lives! :-) Great location for sightseeing, good food, good chats, and they even invited us to their party in honor of the anniversary of Napoleon's arrival.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Where to start? We arrived on Elba Island after a week in sweltering heat in the Tuscan hills. A short ride from the Port and we arrived at our destination. Immediately on arrival I knew we were really going to enjoy the stay. Lat (possibly the most lovely person I have ever dealt with in the hospitality service) welcomed us to a beautiful garden with all the charm of a Tuscan villa dotted with Asian inspired lamps, a boat (yes boat) just one of the quirky features of this magnificent B&B. Inside the house is very homely, mainly I think because Flor the owner has such a perfect gift for making guests feel like they are staying the night at a dear friends house rather than renting a room in a guesthouse. The house is full of beautiful paintings, books, sculptures and interesting bits and bobs, amazingly it never feels cluttered just airy and spacious. The rooms are immaculately kept with beautiful antiques featuring throughout.
Breakfast is what really pushes this place to 5 star standard, with Lat's skills in the kitchen preparing homemade pastries, cookies, beautiful coffees etc. combined with the obvious ethos of sourcing amazing cheeses, meats and vegetables locally (sometimes just feet away from the kitchen in their lovely veg patch!) It really makes you excited about getting up in the morning to sit in the gorgeous back garden watching the magic happen in their stunning open kitchen.
All in all, I really cannot fault this place, every part of the stay felt effortless, right down to bike rentals, restaurant recommendations, or simply sharing a pizza and G&T and watching Italy play in the football. It made our honeymoon! Elba is fantastic and we will definitely be visiting Le Stanze del Casale again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

This has been my third or four trip to Le Stanze and that is the point of this review. Its like being at home but with all the space snd privacy you want and need. The team here really understand how to serve customers and provide a restful atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2016